Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!!!!!! 2014 Gibson Les Paul Classic

Grayzgrey

http://s1164.photobu...0Paul%20Classic

I said I was hooked when i bought my Melody Maker.....but today.....Im in a whole new world! I doubt i'll sleep well tonight.

Man.....guys....i've been playing on this thing all afternoon...and... i am speechless really....all i can really say is.... i can't

wait to get down on this BABY at a gig!!!!!!

The balance, The weight, The Sustain....THE TONE!!!!!!!!

I do not regret my MM purchase what so ever fellas.....but like i said

Now i know.............im in a whole new world!!!!! msp_love.gif

Cheers.... today is a GREAT Day!!!!

Haha.. awesome man... Now you know [thumbup]

That's a real beauty you have there.. And as far as im concerned, you can talk about features of the various models all you like but when it comes down to it theres just nothing else like a Gibson.. And when you get to the standard level of guitar (which a Classic and Traditional are) I just don't think guitars get better than that period (maybe fancier, but not better). As you said, the weight, the tone the playability, its all there and then some [thumbup]

The exception to that may be some of the custom historic models... Now they are something else entirely.

Happy playing man, she will last you a lifetime if you look after her :)

Oh... and as for the MM... I have four LPs two of the cheaper lines and two standard level (one classic and one standard)... I find that the MM type guitars are just all out fun rock machines, they sound great and feel great to play and are light.. When your talking about a Classic or Standard, these are amazing guitars that almost demand respect. Not that they arnt fun, but they are real serious top quality precision instruments ;)

THANKS fellas!!!

Very well put Rabs!

They are AMAZING ...and sooo deserving of a "heavy dose" of respect!

Playing her for the first time.. was ...no doubt...an EXPERIENCE for me!!!

I took my time....i soaked it in...and i want more!

Cheers!msp_biggrin.gif

Congrats on your "real" Les Paul, mate, HNGD! [biggrin][thumbup]

Can confirm that Les Paul guitars are a league of their own, and of a very different kind than the SG, Telecaster and Stratocaster leagues. :rolleyes: No other guitar creates such a fat tone and sustain in particular past the neck heel like a Les Paul. These guitars really sing and have unparalleled pipes in the upper tonal range. So they deserve their weight also in my opinion. B)

Thanks Capmaster! very well put... i got the intonation and set-up fine tuned today...put a new 9v in it and really cranked it up through my Blackstar GEEEZZZZ!!!!!

This guitar is a chunk of meat!!! I thought i might not care for the weight of her but boy was i wrong.... throwing that weight around on bends just feels like a guitar should! Weight Plus Balance = better tone i think

and the tone....

like butter on toast!!!!msp_biggrin.gif

First off, great guitar man. Congrats. Now I have a newbie question. I keep seeing posts with NGD in the title. What does that mean? Please answer after your done laughing!

New Guitar (or Gear) Day

Thanks SHREK...thank you all!!!

Took me a bit to figure out NGD as well rolleyes.gif

I have to say everytime i pick her up and play her ...it just gets better and better!

i've realized the two volume/one tone/15db boost switch set-up.... is the way way to go for me

I freaked out a little about the battery door on the back....its a little hard to open...but no worries

as it turns out its just very well made takes a little extra effort unlike most 9v sleaves ive come across

..be it acoustic or electric

You can't go wrong with this guitar!

Thanks Dave!

I was actually thinking of a Traditional like yours...but decided to go with the Classic..i'm a little green to the Gibson world...but LOVIN IT!!!!

How are you liking the Trad?

Absolutely love the Traditional! I love my 93 Les Paul Studio but WOW this is a totally different level! I am glad I waited for the 2014 with the 59 pups as well, and the 120th Anniversary Inlay doesn't look bad at all either, so for those that made that the deal ender missed out is all I gotta say! How are you liking the Classic???

AMAZING!!!!!! Now that i've really had a chance to crank it up at a gig...all i can say is WOW!!!

playing this baby just fires me up...love,love,love the 57 classic/57classic+ pups! The 15 db boost

for me is such a great added feature...TONE, SUSTAIN, PLAYABILITY not to mention the fact

she STAYS IN TUNE!!!!!!

HOME RUN!!!!

Archived