Gibson Brands Forums

American Eagle LG 2

JuanCarlosVejar

I've been looking closely at the LG2 AE and saw that excellent video. Did you see this one with Sara Jarosz playing hers in concert? Wonder if she's using the factory pickup or had something better installed. Sure sounds better than a Baggs Element, but then she has some excellent sound guys who can even make an Element sound decent.

Yep. Add a nice sunburst finish and nix the ..... Baggs PU... and I'd say this is a real winner. As I'm increasingly interested in smaller-than-dread bodied guitars these days, wouldn't mind having one of these (so equipped) at all.

In fact, there's an idea. Dump the Baggs and use that $$ to apply the sunburst finish. Voila!

Yep. Add a nice sunburst finish and nix the ..... Baggs PU... and I'd say this is a real winner. As I'm increasingly interested in smaller-than-dread bodied guitars these days, wouldn't mind having one of these (so equipped) at all.

In fact, there's an idea. Dump the Baggs and use that $$ to apply the sunburst finish. Voila!

GREAT idea but good luck convincing Gibson of that one! When I was initially looking at J-35s, I called Gibson to see if I could get one without the Baggs and was told absolutely not. Garbage pickup in an otherwise fine guitar. I'd go for a sunburst LG2 AE minus the Baggs, but.............

BTW Irish, I'm an Irishman from Indiana as well. Hey, we're everywhere. :)

DC

I've been looking closely at the LG2 AE and saw that excellent video. Did you see this one with Sara Jarosz playing hers in concert? Wonder if she's using the factory pickup or had something better installed. Sure sounds better than a Baggs Element, but then she has some excellent sound guys who can even make an Element sound decent.

Are you sure she's playing plugged in? I just see a mic facing the neck/body joint.

Those new smaller body Gibsons sure do sound sweet...GAS?

And it sounds good'n'clean - How strong she is, , , tho leaving out the expressive guitar part in the late half of the song.

But yeps - seducing performance of an excellent song, , , that Kathy's. .

Strikes me - if I couldn't do this and just sat watching, it would be what I most wished I could do of all in this world. . .

Must have made at least one right move back on the track.

And it sounds good'n'clean - How strong she is, , , tho leaving out the expressive guitar part in the late half of the song.

But yeps - seducing performance of an excellent song, , , that Kathy's. .

Strikes me - if I couldn't do this and just sat watching, it would be what I most wished I could do of all in this world. . .

Must have made at least one right move back on the track.

I was about 12 when I first heard that song- and I wanted more than anything to have written it. An early, deep yearning started right there for me.

"And a song I was writing is left undone..."

It's taken a long time, but I like to think I made a couple of small, right-ish moves along the way.

Yea, the guitar is clearly miked up from in front -

You're right. Just watched it on my 24" graphics monitor full screen. No wonder it sounds so good. I've never heard a Baggs Element sound anywhere that natural under the best of circumstances. Really nice sounding guitar. I want one.

DC

Some of the websites and You Tube videos are saying this guitar has a bone nut and saddle, but the Gibson site says Tusq. It is a very hard white material which leads me to think it is bone, but I am unsure.

BTW, Love the Patty G. link!!!!

Anyone here know????

Freddie

Some of the websites and You Tube videos are saying this guitar has a bone nut and saddle, but the Gibson site says Tusq. It is a very hard white material which leads me to think it is bone, but I am unsure.

BTW, Love the Patty G. link!!!!

Anyone here know????

Freddie

Tusq!.................................

He says it's bone. I wonder how it is being mistaken for bone. I thought this to be an official Gibson demonstration video.

Freddie

Other demo's have made the same mistake. That Montana guy , Tony, does it all the time! Mine is definitely Tusq. http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Small-Body/Gibson-Acoustic/LG-2-American-Eagle/Specs.aspx

Archived