Gibson Brands Forums

Took my camera out again...

btoth76

Hello!

In hope my last year's photos of my Homeland wasn't boring, I took some fresh ones.

This time they were shot in the town of Esztergom. Former capital of the Hungarian Kingdom.

Basilica of Esztergom. Built on the remains of St. Stephen's castle:

HPIM4624_zps777637ce.jpg

The birdge of Maria Valeria over Danube. This bridge connects Slovakia (formerly Hungarian Highlands) and Hungary. It was built in 1895, then destroyed two times (1919 and 1944), and rebuilt only in 2001. The previous picture of the basilica was shot from this bridge.

HPIM4626_zpsdfcb7ae6.jpg

Front view of the "Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert":

HPIM4632_zps485bf09f.jpg

Have a nice day... Bence

Im trying to get a little better at taking pictures so I ordered a Nikon 3200 dSLR this week. Should be here tomorrow. I have always been interested and can take a decent photo with my iphone but it time ti step it up a bit.

Nice shots btoh76!

Hey great photos. You always take interesting shots. [thumbup]

I took my camera out last weekend to Washington DC. Hope you don't mind if I post a few of my shots around The Mall and Smithsonian.

Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial, Washington Monument and The Castle...

DSCF3592_zps1130b577.jpg

DSCF3602_zps5fedf394.jpg

DSCF3622_zps7b77188e.jpg

WWIIMemorial1_zps9536e680.jpg

DSCF3659_zpseaf4a5a4.jpg

LincolnMemorial4_zps04104f52.jpg

DSCF3611_zpsbc03ca4b.jpg

Very nice, Searcy!

To be honest - not if it wasn't obvious - I don't have a clue about the nuances of the art of photography. But I found taking such close shots is being the most difficult thing.

You have very nicely managed it. [thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

Hello Searcy!

I did the same work while I was working for the local authorities back in early 2000s.

I couldn`t save Her from being put to "sleep", so in the last minute before She almost received the lethal injection, I told the mayor: "That needle going to land in Your @ss", and took Her home.

She was beaten, stabbed, blinded on one eye and starving...it was in 2003, since then She secures my house. I named here "Bóbita":

HPIM3616_zps2ecc7971.jpg

and Her son, "Jupiter":

HPIM3632_zps9db9141c.jpg

Best wishes... Bence

Hello Searcy!

I did the same work while I was working for the local authorities back in early 2000s.

I couldn`t save Her from being put to "sleep", so in the last minute before She almost received the lethal injection, I told the mayor: "That needle going to land in Your @ss", and took Her home.

She was beaten, stabbed, blinded on one eye and starving...it was in 2003, since then She secures my house. I named here "Bóbita":

HPIM3616_zps2ecc7971.jpg

and Her son, "Jupiter":

HPIM3632_zps9db9141c.jpg

Best wishes... Bence

Great story! Thanks for taking the time to tell it and for taking in an unwanted dog. It's a a big deal to me although I try to to preach about it. I hate preachy animal rescue people.

Archived