Gibson Brands Forums

THE GIBSON MEMORY CABLE™

Searcy

http://www2.gibson.com/Memory-Cable.aspx

MC-Hero.jpg

A STUDIO QUALITY RECORDER / PREAMPFOR THE PRICE OF AN OUTSTANDING CABLEThe cable’s built-in, super-compact recorder (designed by TASCAM, the undisputed leader in portable recording) saves up to 13 hours of your playing to commonly available, inexpensive Micro SD cards. And with CD-quality 44.1kHz/16-bit resolution, the audio quality is ideal for transferring over to computer-based, multitrack recording programs.

MEMORY CABLE™APPLICATIONSTHE WHEN, AND WHERE OF USING THE MEMORY CABLE

SONGWRITING

Memory Cable™ doesn’t have to be plugged into an amp—just plug into a guitar, bass, or keyboard, and start recording.

IT'S A CABLE

Memory Cable uses premium cable for pristine sound, and doesn’t even need power to work as a conventional cable.

RECORD REHEARSALS

Plug into the output of your PA mixer to record your rehearsals.

COMPUTER RECORDING “INSURANCE.”

Patch your guitar to a computer’s audio interface through the Memory Cable™—if you forget to record-enable a track, think an earlier take was better, or the computer crashes, your performance will still be safely tucked away in the Memory Cable™.

PRACTICING

Record your playing for later analysis.

EASY “RE-AMPING.”

Compared to standard re-amping solutions that often involve multiple cables, boxes, and signal splitting, the Memory Cable approach is simple and effective.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked! I thought for sure you bunch of Technophobe traditionalists would've hated seeing a Gibson logo on this.

:)

It doesn't have a distasteful burst so we arnt bothered :P :)

I'm shocked! I thought for sure you bunch of Technophobe traditionalists would've hated seeing a Gibson logo on this.

:)

Lol,,

Well it was designed by Tascam so.....

But seriously,, this thing is really cool.

And seeing something this small and unobtrusive capable of recording in 44.1kHz/16-bit resolution is really impressive. On an SD card.

Unlike the mini-tune I am not forced into buying something I can already do ;)

I'm kind of surprised that this is branded gibson (powered by tascam). It makes more sense to me if this were branded as Tascam as tascam is known for recording and audio equipment. Doesn't matter to me, i think i may have to get one regardless of the brand.

I have been wondering for ages about the result of the TEAC agreement. This looks like a great start

I'm kind of surprised that this is branded gibson (powered by tascam). It makes more sense to me if this were branded as Tascam as tascam is known for recording and audio equipment. Doesn't matter to me, i think i may have to get one regardless of the brand.

gibson ownes something like 54% of the parent company which is probably why its branded the way it is

Guest Farnsbarns

I spy a problem. If I record onto this as I play then it's gonna record the clean signal to SD card and lose my amps overdrive. Renders it virtually useless to my mind.

And I was thinking that was its biggest advantage. Getting a recording of the clean signal straight out of the guitar allows for all sorts of reamping applications that were previously only available in the studio.

I spy a problem. If I record onto this as I play then it's gonna record the clean signal to SD card and lose my amps overdrive. Renders it virtually useless to my mind.

They do call it a Pre-Amp recorder in their defence...

http://www2.gibson.com/Memory-Cable.aspx

MC-Hero.jpg

A STUDIO QUALITY RECORDER / PREAMPFOR THE PRICE OF AN OUTSTANDING CABLEThe cable’s built-in, super-compact recorder (designed by TASCAM, the undisputed leader in portable recording) saves up to 13 hours of your playing to commonly available, inexpensive Micro SD cards. And with CD-quality 44.1kHz/16-bit resolution, the audio quality is ideal for transferring over to computer-based, multitrack recording programs.

MEMORY CABLE™APPLICATIONSTHE WHEN, AND WHERE OF USING THE MEMORY CABLE

SONGWRITING

Memory Cable™ doesn’t have to be plugged into an amp—just plug into a guitar, bass, or keyboard, and start recording.

IT'S A CABLE

Memory Cable uses premium cable for pristine sound, and doesn’t even need power to work as a conventional cable.

RECORD REHEARSALS

Plug into the output of your PA mixer to record your rehearsals.

COMPUTER RECORDING “INSURANCE.”

Patch your guitar to a computer’s audio interface through the Memory Cable™—if you forget to record-enable a track, think an earlier take was better, or the computer crashes, your performance will still be safely tucked away in the Memory Cable™.

PRACTICING

Record your playing for later analysis.

EASY “RE-AMPING.”

Compared to standard re-amping solutions that often involve multiple cables, boxes, and signal splitting, the Memory Cable approach is simple and effective.

I will buy this. [thumbup]

And I was thinking that was its biggest advantage. Getting a recording of the clean signal straight out of the guitar allows for all sorts of reamping applications that were previously only available in the studio.

Right, and they seemed to make that pretty clear in the descrotpion. You've got a backup of your most excellent performance which you can just re-amp later. Not a bad idea.

Exactly! That`s why I need one. It will work fine with my LP Recording. I can record a sterile Low-Z track, then add the effects with an application until I like the overall tone.

Cheers... Bence

Guest Farnsbarns

Right, and they seemed to make that pretty clear in the descrotpion. You've got a backup of your most excellent performance which you can just re-amp later. Not a bad idea.

That makes sense I suppose and I can see the advantages in that respect but for myself, 99 times out of 100 I would just want to record what I'm playing. I suppose that's why it's a backup cable and not a pure recording solution. I'm seeing it through the eyes of someone who wants a different product. As a backup and a re-amping solution it seems perfect now I think about it.

Archived