Gibson Brands Forums

guys, just ordered me and the wife some masterbuilt pb strings!

woodruff

stoked! cant wait to try them out. last time i played them was at guitar center and of course they were incredibly dead, but the J-45 we ended up buying for my wife sounded amazing even with dead strings. so i knew she was a keeper!

how you guys like these strings!

will let ya know what we think when we get them. my wife is a die hard supporter of d'addario pb strings, so this will be a good test.....

Well I like 'em. The price is certainly right. Having said that, I'll also say they don't last me anywhere near as long as Elixir's. Of course the acidity in everyones hands is as different as fingerprints. I have used them on my Martin and think they have a great bright yet full out of the box sound. I may be wrong, and don't mind being corrected if I am, but I also think I heard somewhere that this is what Gibson ships their acoustics with from the factory.

Well I like 'em. The price is certainly right. Having said that' date=' I'll also say they don't last me anywhere near as long as Elixir's. Of course the acidity in everyones hands is as different as fingerprints. I have used them on my Martin and think they have a great bright yet full out of the box sound. I may be wrong, and don't mind being corrected if I am, but I also think I heard somewhere that this is what Gibson ships their acoustics with from the factory.[/quote']

how you like the gibson strings on the h-bird you got?

To be completely honest, I put Elixir's on her because I didn't have any Masterbuilts here at the house. The last set I had, I put on the Songwriter I bought right before the Hummingbird, and I took her back to Guitar Center to exchange for the Hummingbird. But they sounded great on the Songwriter. I'll definitely buy them again.

Archived