Gibson Brands Forums

NGD with an issue

Titanfall

I just bought today a Zakk wylde custom epi Les Paul cameo finish. And as I always do I check them over when I get home. The guitar sounds great and resonates like crazy.

Oh and in my check no the new ones don't have a maple top it's an all may agony body.

Any how I found this in the neck joint

CF3E8916-523D-496D-9470-E90D408260F2_zpsldzjgsgt.jpg

It is a gap between the neck tenon and the body and it runs all the way to the heel it seems from sliding a string up in it till it stopped

Has anyone else run into this before and should I be worried. Any help would be great

Can't say anything about the neck joint, but I think an all-mahogany body is normal for Zakk Wylde LPs, Gibsons as well as Epiphones. That's how the early Gibson Les Paul Customs came and Epiphone Les Paul Customs still do nowadays.

Interesting gap. If the glue is solid, the neck should be stable. I wonder if the dimensions and tolerances for proper manufacturing are set a little "looser" on Epiphone guitars than on Gibson's. Looks like it (to me). Is the neck loose, does it wiggle? Maybe they make it that way in order to insert shims or something else to get the neck properly aligned prior to final glue or screwing the neck and neck plate on. msp_confused.gif I'm also interested in seeing some other comments.

I see your concern and I understand where your coming from asking your question. While I do not have the first hand experience to answer your question I would hope you could send your pics and question straight to support and hopefully get a real and honest answer. To me it looks like the work could have been done better.

Interesting gap. If the glue is solid, the neck should be stable. I wonder if the dimensions and tolerances for proper manufacturing are set a little "looser" on Epiphone guitars than on Gibson's. Looks like it (to me). Is the neck loose, does it wiggle? Maybe they make it that way in order to insert shims or something else to get the neck properly aligned prior to final glue or screwing the neck and neck plate on. msp_confused.gif I'm also interested in seeing some other comments.

The neck is solid I just see it as odd for a gap like that

I see your concern and I understand where your coming from asking your question. While I do not have the first hand experience to answer your question I would hope you could send your pics and question straight to support and hopefully get a real and honest answer. To me it looks like the work could have been done better.

That is my next move is to send the pic to support and see if I get any answer about it

Archived