Gibson Brands Forums

J 45 koa upgrade new bone saddle.

spank

I was looking into lowering the action on my j45 koa so I decided to keep original saddle the same and got a custom made bone saddle done at my 5 star dealer russos in nj. When I got it back action was much lower and made it a a lot easier to play for me. It also made this guitar so much more rounded of a guitar. It is a bass monster but was lacking in the highs. Now it has it all it has really made this guitar so much better. I would say after playing so many different Gibson guitar this koa is a great guitar for many things but the one thing that stands out is the clarity of each individual note that is picked when doing runs or solo. Love it a flat pickers dream.

spank,

What strings are you using on your Koa? I've experimented with several different brands on mine and, for now, have settled on Martin SP's PB. Curious as to what you're using.

spank,

What strings are you using on your Koa? I've experimented with several different brands on mine and, for now, have settled on Martin SP's PB. Curious as to what you're using.

I have been using cleartones there OK but still looking. I have heard that dr rares work well on most j45s I have not tried them yet.

Archived