Gibson Brands Forums

Limited edition SG '61 Reissue?

I've got a question about my guitar. It's a 2011 SG '61 Reissue in Gloss Yellow that I bought it from a Long & McQuade in BC. The model number Gibson has it listed as is SG61GYCH3 while L&M says it's a limited edition of 100 guitars exclusive to Canada and has the model number as SG61TVCH. I'm just wondering if this is indeed a limited edition guitar or if it's just some marketing gimmick by L&M. I've looked all over the internet and no one seems to have a definitive answer. I've also emailed Gibson but I don't really expect to hear back from them any time soon. Any info would be appreciated.

I've got a question about my guitar. It's a 2011 SG '61 Reissue in Gloss Yellow that I bought it from a Long & McQuade in BC. The model number Gibson has it listed as is SG61GYCH3 while L&M says it's a limited edition of 100 guitars exclusive to Canada and has the model number as SG61TVCH. I'm just wondering if this is indeed a limited edition guitar or if it's just some marketing gimmick by L&M. I've looked all over the internet and no one seems to have a definitive answer. I've also emailed Gibson but I don't really expect to hear back from them any time soon. Any info would be appreciated.

When I bought my 2012 SG 61, it was only offered in two colors in the USA; cherry or white.

TV Yellow SG

When I bought my 2012 SG 61, it was only offered in two colors in the USA; cherry or white.

TV Yellow SG

Reading the link it does make sense if was a limited run for L&M. Not that it makes a lot of difference to me, although it would be nice if L&M said it was gloss yellow, which it is (and Gibson confirms that) instead of TV Yellow. But whatever. This is still one sweet looking and playing guitar. I'm not quite sure how a L&M still had a new one kicking around for this long though.

• 3 months later...

Archived