Gibson Brands Forums

Minty Gibson Advanced Jumbo for $1700

magictwanger

I'm getting this very soon and it is a 2007 model in minty shape.It will be paired with a 2011 Fuller's 1939 J-35 Reissue so I guess it's going to be fun....I have two dreads and OM's(all paired up with RW and Hog)and this is "it" for me,as I'm done with GAS....Ha!...Thanks to all the great posters on this and other forums for getting me into this model as i think it will be a pleasure to play and enjoy. -:)

Congrats! I hope you enjoy but don't kid yourself about gas. I have bought my "last" guitar more times than I can shake a stick at! Just bought another one today! Maybe you're one of those rare beasts that actually is possessed of some self control. Pics please!

I think 'minty used' is a useful description, somewhat like 'used, very good' in the book trade. For me the minty used Gibson acoustic is a kind of beautiful ideal: the guitar is already played in a bit and has opened up, the person was obsessive or very careful and clean so that it looks like a new guitar, and the price is a whacking great amount below what an excellent discount on a new guitar would be. Two or three of my Gibson acoustics purchases were like that. There are a lot of very nice Bozeman made, 'Ferguson era' Gibson acoustics floating around in just such a condition because guitar buyers are fickle and often sell up after a year or two in order to fund the next 'grail'.

Archived