Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird

aggiejason

Poster on Craigslist is selling a Hummingbird that's in great condition with a hard case for $200. He says it's strictly acoustic, not an A/E. But the 'Birds i'm seeing these days are A/E. What's the deal??

Hi. I have an 2008 model Epi Hummingbird which did not come as an A/E. The older models did not come with a pick up, but are the same guitar. If you do not need a pick up, then it will be fine. If you do want a pick up for amp work, then the brand new Hummingbirds do have one in them. The new models cost $299, but do not come with a case. If it is in great condition as he says, then that is a good price, particularly if it comes with a case, which can help protect the solid wood top from humidity fluctuations. Good luck. I bought my 2008 bird used also, and it plays and sounds great! I am very pleased with it!

I had no need or desire for any electrics, so I was happy to find a 2009 Hummingbird Artist this past weekend. It is just plain old acoustic. I was very happily surprised by the sound of this guitar.

Does Epiphone still make an acoustic only 'Bird or just the A/E model?

No. Epiphone does not make an acoustic only bird...today it comes only with the electric pick up. If you are looking for a good used acoustic only bird, try Guitar Center..by going there and typing in their search window the words "Epiphone Hummingbird" ...quite often they sell used ones for about $199 and show its picture. You may also call the listed number for the store that has it and ask about its condition, and also ask them to send you more pictures of it to your email address. They will do that. The Epi bird is very popular and people often trade up. They sell quickly, but are listed often in GC..quite often in Fact. here is a list of todays GC Epi birds..there is even a used electric one for $189. There is a great acoustic only red bird on there with the pick guard in tact, and labelled in "great condition" ...get it NOW! I guarantee it will not last! Good luck! http://www.guitarcen...one+hummingbird

No. Epiphone does not make an acoustic only bird...today it comes only with the electric pick up. If you are looking for a good used acoustic only bird, try Guitar Center..by going there and typing in their search window the words "Epiphone Hummingbird" ...quite often they sell used ones for about $199 and show its picture. You may also call the listed number for the store that has it and ask about its condition, and also ask them to send you more pictures of it to your email address. They will do that. The Epi bird is very popular and people often trade up. They sell quickly, but are listed often in GC..quite often in Fact. here is a list of todays GC Epi birds..there is even a used electric one for $189. There is a great acoustic only red bird on there with the pick guard in tact, and labelled in "great condition" ...get it NOW! I guarantee it will not last! Good luck! http://www.guitarcen...one+hummingbird

Thanks for the tip GuitarLight.

Please see my new post.

It was in "great condition" and came with a fine Epi EDRED hardshell case.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived