Gibson Brands Forums

Yes... at last... ANOTHER re-issue (but she sure is purrdy)

Rabs

If that wernt aged I may have had to sell all my other guitars to buy it.. Oh hold on, all four of my LPs put together arnt worth that much..

DAMN!!

:P

COLLECTOR'S CHOICE #18

1960 LES PAUL "DUTCHBURST"

Gibson Custom revels in the challenges of the guitars brought to life in its Collectors Choice Series, precise recreations of prized existing Les Pauls. Collectors Choice #18 brings to life a rare 1960 Les Paul Standard special ordered in a Dark Burst finish, a guitar that spent its time with one hard-working musician until its eventual sale to its second owner in 2012.

Acquired in Holland in 1961, Dutchbursts world was one of mirror balls, three-piece suits, Besame Mucho, Blue Moon, and Autumn Leaves, in the hands of the Dutch guitarist who used it to ply his trade in a cruise-ship jazz trio. As such, this is not only a very distinctive and characteristic late-1960 Les Paul, but one in impressive condition for a lifelong working axe.

With the close cooperation of the guitars current owner, Robert van der Ende, Gibson Custom has measured, scanned and traced every spec, line, and curve of the original 60 Les Paul to bring you Collectors Choice #18 1960 Les Paul Dutchburst.From its tightly figured maple tops flame and precise dish carve, to its lusciously faded Dark Burst finish, to its characteristically slim late-60s neck carve, to the two beautifully balanced PAF humbuckers, this recreation takes you straight to the heart of a rare and intriguing vintage Les Paul. Meticulously hand-aged to represent the guitars well-played but lovingly cared-for condition today, Collectors Choice #18 1960 Les Paul Dutchburst will be available in a Limited Edition of 300 guitars, with the availability of qualifying materials ultimately determining the size of the run.

$7998

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Collector-s-Choice-18-1960-Les-Paul-Dutchburst.aspx

LP60CC18SBNH1-Finish-Shot_zps4ba6079f.jpg

LP60CC18SBNH1-Back-Shot_zpse09caf7b.jpg

LP60CC18SBNH1-Glam-Shot_zps0bebd5ad.jpg

I seriously just don't get the relic thing,,, at all.

And on an $8000 guitar????

Not even if I won the lottery.

I'm with ya!

I want nothin' ta do with someone else beatin' up my axe for me. I'll do it myself!

That's why I want the CC#1 Melvyn Franks version - VOS...

This is a departure from the normally faded & light bursts!

The super tight flame is rather piquant...

Me neither...just strikes me as absolutely potty.

A lovely guitar deliberately fouled up - bonkers.

It is only worth 8k to someone who is willing to drop that kind of dough on it. Gibson enough with the re-issues! What are they going to do re-issue every '57 - '60 they can find until they have done them all?

I'd like to know how Gibson selects the guitars they're going to clone. Not every old instrument will sound and play well, so are these supposed to be amazing examples they come across or just yet another they can make money from whether or not the original was amazing

...it's win win for gibson...they get to charge more for the relic job and a customer will never be able to complain about any QC control issues...it's a relic job, that mark or ding or scrape is supposed to be there.... [thumbup]

...it's win win for gibson...they get to charge more for the relic job and a customer will never be able to complain about any QC control issues...it's a relic job, that mark or ding or scrape is supposed to be there.... [thumbup]

Indeed, a relic is always new!

-Ryan

I wasn't answering directly to you but in my case no I have not,

I frankly do not think that any guitars on this line are better then a good ol' R8 or R9, this whole line seems to cater to those guys that would like to have a bunch of bursts like Bonamassa but don't want to spend millions.

I know there are people who exist out in the world that make tons of cash and can buy these. I want to know if anyone on this forum ever seen or played one.

I played a Collectors Choice #2 "Goldie". Possibly the best sounding and playing Les Paul I've ever picked up. I've played RI's and other CS Les Pauls, in addition to lots of the production line stuff. I can feel and hear a huge difference. Considering an R9 sells in the mid-high 6k range here new, if I was going to purchase a guitar at this price point, I would save up the extra 2k and buy the CC. There's just something special about these guitars. Reliced or not, if it sounds incredible and plays incredible, I'd buy it.

-Ryan

I know there are people who exist out in the world that make tons of cash and can buy these. I want to know if anyone on this forum ever seen or played one.

Yup.. ive played two of them.. The Babe with the tremolo and a Golide..

Both were stunning to play in every way [thumbup]

If I were to for some very strange and probably unlikely reason to ever buy one, id want one of the non aged ones.

Archived