Gibson Brands Forums

NGD annnnnd NAD!

thejay

The princeton came the other day but the bird arrived today. I have wanted a fender amp for a long time, sat and played the princeton in a local shop for an hr one day, I knew that was the amp after the first notes....an hr later I was figuring how to explain it to me wife :) firebird is just too cool, lighter than my SGs! Sounds absolutely wonderful.

imagejpg1_zps69e4a862.jpg

imagejpg3_zps3f78835d.jpg

NICE. BOTH.

I have a Princetone Recording Amp. It was a birthday gift from The Mrs. I used to have a handful of amps for gigging. They are all gone now, and I only have the Princeton and a cabinet. I love that thing.

rct

I actually wanted the Princeton for more recording than anything else and it sounds ridiculously good. I haven't tried to record it yet, really enjoy the combo of both together. They sound great!

NICE. BOTH.

I have a Princetone Recording Amp. It was a birthday gift from The Mrs. I used to have a handful of amps for gigging. They are all gone now, and I only have the Princeton and a cabinet. I love that thing.

rct

I missed a chance for one at 1/2 price a few years ago.

Nice Mrs. Mine is like that too.

Very nice. I wouldn't mind having a Princeton myself someday.

That name makes me pause today due to the solid-state Princetons of the 1980's...

They were junk! Nutless lemons with inferior speakers!

I suffered with one for years because it was all I could afford and the shop I bought it from refused to do anything about the problems I had with it and said it was normal...

I have a hard time bringing myself to even look at an amp with the name Princeton on it because of that!

I'll stick with a Bassman reissue and a couple pedals... (not that I have one yet :))

Nice axe & I bet those Princetons sound a whole lot better than the solid state duds from the 80's!!!

Archived