Gibson Brands Forums

Majestic shimmer glimmer and glam

E-minor7

Regarding the J-35 - wouldn't 11/16 have been the norm in the 1930's - 40's ?

Well, I'm not sure there was a norm, as such. My L-OO Legend is an exact copy of a 1937, and has a 1 3/4" (44.5 mm) nut. I have two late-40's (1947 and 1948), one was 1 11/16" (43 mm), and the other 1 23/32 (43.5+ mm)

I don't really know what this thread is about -- but that has never stopped me before. Here is my glam -- a trophy wife of 45+ years, Jay Rhyne guitar, with BRW back and sides that were acquired from Mike Longworth.The tree of life is silver.

Glam[biggrin].

ainarhynes.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom

Let's say this thread is about heavily blinged acoustics contra the ghost-deco-ex spooking in post #2.

You and your folksy wife is always welcome.

You know I dreamt about her recently - and conscientiously reported here. Have to tell you she was married to Nick then.

Nice guitar also. . .

Let's say this thread is about heavily blinged acoustics contra the ghost-deco-ex spooking in post #2.

You and your folksy wife is always welcome.

You know I dreamt about her recently - and conscientiously reported here. Have to tell you she was married to Nick then.

Nice guitar also. . .

That was good for a chuckle! Thanks!

When she was married to Nick, did she still have her AJ -- that is her nickname BTW -- AJ with AJ.

I'll bet he misses those guitars.

I do, I do!

Somehow, the only blinged-out guitar I expected to see in Tom and AJ's collection was the pre-war D-45 I expect him to casually pull out at some point.......

Somehow, the only blinged-out guitar I expected to see in Tom and AJ's collection was the pre-war D-45 I expect him to casually pull out at some point.......

That would be something - Don't recall seeing it in the collection of demo-videos, , , neither with or without Santa headgear. . .

and each one made by Ren Himself.. I remember most of those guitars J has listed.. Played a few of those in the vault at Montana with Ren watching of coarse.. :)

I do have the pricelist and desciptions for a few of those as well... Im made sure he got those as well.

Archived