Gibson Brands Forums

Another Found Lost Excellente

mooseguy

El Capitano:

Now you know when the party is really becoming serious regarding Excellentes. Thanks for your heads up for the newest offering on the G Base site for a 67 Excellente for $12,000.I will accept

your $3 bill offering towards it.

Regards,

Moose

Moose,

Did you buy the one on eBay?

Cap.

Yup I plead guilty .After they repossessed my bath tub with rubber ducky, I had to do something to make myself "feel better all over than anywhere else".(I love that song -the lyrics are so meaningful)

Regards,

Moose

Unfortunately my guitar fund, which is built up by putting $1 in it every time I read or hear somebody describe a guitar as "a cannon", although growing is still a bit shy of the $12K mark.

Hi Zomby

The other description of a guitar that is rarely heard is when its high notes

sound like "a mouse getting raped". I first heard this applied to certain singers.

Regards,

Moose

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ourtang

Thanks much for your heads up on the Sonny James prototype offering. You will be interested to know that I heard from a Nashville session guy that a friend of his bought the actual Sonny James guitar from a pawn shop for $500.

Regards,

Moose

Small world right. That is awsome to hear but in the end the guy is sitting on a nice little peice. Think ya might get this one.

Hi Ourtang:

I am thinking about it-would be much more interested if it were a true Excellente with the large pick guard and without back crack & side patch.

Regards,

Moose

Archived