Gibson Brands Forums

Disappointed with Epiphone

mimmo

The Coronet brings back memories.

Guitar02-01.jpg

Same guitar I used on stage. That's me on the left. I would love to see one come back on sale.

Guitar12-01.jpg

Sorry for the old pics, but they were taken back in 66/67. Yes, I'm dating myself, but I have great memories of those days.

Go-Go dancers, coolmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

So, what tunes did you and the band perform back then ? Originals ?msp_smile.gif covers or a mixmsp_confused.gifAlso, what amp are you using there ? Looks cool, for '66-'67.

Pedal steel guitar ? Were you playing "country music" at the time ?

Ya Epiphone, hurry up, us guys aren't getting any younger...lolmsp_biggrin.gif

Go-Go dancers, coolmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

So, what tunes did you and the band perform back then ? Originals ?msp_smile.gif covers or a mixmsp_confused.gifAlso, what amp are you using there ? Looks cool, for '66-'67.

Pedal steel guitar ? Were you playing "country music" at the time ?

Ya Epiphone, hurry up, us guys aren't getting any younger...lolmsp_biggrin.gif

We put on a Christmas show, and two of the songs I remember playing at the time with the go-go dancers were "Jingle Bell Rock", and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" which was sung by our friend Mary who did a great job imitating Brenda Lee. We played other rocked up Christmas songs, but I'll be darned if I can remember them. The amp that I was using was a Sears Silvertone Twin 12 tube amp. My friend Ray was playing the steel guitar for the show, but mostly would play both the alto and tenor sax. The other guitar player, John, was playing on his own home made Mosrite copy. He was an awesome player. Our drummer Ray Hayes couldn't make the show. At the time, our band mostly played Rockabilly songs from stars like Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis and Buddy Holly etc. We also liked playing the hits from the Ventures (those were my faves). They were fun times that I miss soooo much, but at least I have great memories. Man I would love another Epi Coronet.

We put on a Christmas show, and two of the songs I remember playing at the time with the go-go dancers were "Jingle Bell Rock", and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" which was sung by our friend Mary who did a great job imitating Brenda Lee. We played other rocked up Christmas songs, but I'll be darned if I can remember them. The amp that I was using was a Sears Silvertone Twin 12 tube amp. My friend Ray was playing the steel guitar for the show, but mostly would play both the alto and tenor sax. The other guitar player, John, was playing on his own home made Mosrite copy. He was an awesome player. Our drummer Ray Hayes couldn't make the show. At the time, our band mostly played Rockabilly songs from stars like Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis and Buddy Holly etc. We also liked playing the hits from the Ventures (those were my faves). They were fun times that I miss soooo much, but at least I have great memories. Man I would love another Epi Coronet.

They are out there but I'll bet they don't cost what you paid for yours…

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=epiphone+Coronet

Wow, not even close. The 64 Silverfox looks like the one I had minus the whammy bar -- but $3995 at a reduced price msp_scared.gif. Something tells me I should have kept mine.

I am sure Epiphone will bring it back.

I also wish they would do a 64 Sheraton...or at least a production model with the vintage specs!

if you can find one, they did a 50th Anniversary '62 Sheraton......it's far and away my favorite Epi, and came stock w/Gibson mini humbuckers.

6250_zpsb557de8b.jpg

62502_zps763f53cb.jpg

if you can find one, they did a 50th Anniversary '62 Sheraton......it's far and away my favorite Epi, and came stock w/Gibson mini humbuckers.

6250_zpsb557de8b.jpg

62502_zps763f53cb.jpg

I have one of them . Its one great guitar

Yes I just bought on Ebay just waiting for it to get back from set up. Mine has the tremolo. I wish Epiphone would make that Union Jack Sheraton they are coming out with a regular production model in other finishes. And also I would like a sherry 2 in cherry!

That cornet looks like a wonderful guitar. I wish I was born sooner so I could have owned some orginal USA made Epis!

It was, and it played really nice too. I guess I can say I was fortunate to have owned one, but I will snap one up if they decide to remake it, especially if one is done in the same finish as the one I had. Man, I'm starting to feel a bit nostalgic msp_biggrin.gif.

Archived