Gibson Brands Forums

Why would you do this to a Les Paul?

jblue212

I don't like it, but it probably looks completely different under stage lighting. A lot of the artist modified guitars that get made into signature models, I think are just as ugly as this one. I won't name names so as not to offend anyone that has one.

I don't like "that one", but I do love a custom paint job on an LP. I feel they are a good platform for a custom job......something about the hardware and the binding acts like a frame for the art work.

I think part of what I like is that so many people are afraid to do anything to a LP. There is this religious "sacrilege" attached to doing anything unusual to one........

Again, I wouldn't choose that one, but I'm not a "tasteful burst" guy by any means.

NHTom

Very special, but if it's a nice player with good tone, why not? Has a nice age, too. Specs seem a bit unclear though.

However, the only thing which makes me worry besides the price is the bridge adjustment - looks as if the fretboard was slightly tilted to the treble side... [unsure] ... could be the very reason why it's still in stock after 18 years. Guess that would feel strange to the fretting hand. [blink]

• 1 month later...

I must be the only person who thinks that this looks quite reasonable.

I wouldn't have it on any of my guitars however it looks like the paint job is done well, not like someone sanded it down and splashed on some dulux. Under stage lighting I can see it looking quite cool, it would definitely stand out.

Archived