Gibson Brands Forums

What do you think about this?

CJCifuentes

Well, I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus i was thinking of going to a luthier and customize my les paul, change the humbuckers and put some p90's on it, change all the inside electronic, tuners and everything! is there anybody in this forum who has changed all of stuff on their epi?

sorry for my bad english, i'm from guatemala jajaja greetings!

Welcome CJC. Yes, there's plenty of us here have done all that. I've got a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat humbucker-sized P90 in the neck position of my Sheraton, no doubt you'll find other recommendations from other folk here. Go for it- it's great to have a guitar you've put some work into and made as you want it.

I'm with vomer, go for it. In fact, do as much of the work yourself as you can. If you screw up, then take it to a luthier. If it's set-up well now, changing tuners, bridge, tailpiece, pickups, and the wiring harness won't throw it out of whack other than action/bridge height, easily adjusted. Learning how to solder the harness is easy too.

This forum is a good resource if you get yourself stuck too, I know this place has bailed me out more than 2x when I've done all the above to a couple of my Epis so far.

Archived