Gibson Brands Forums

So I up graded my Wildkat and this is how it turned out.

Les Pauler

IMAG0216_zpstyjhllda.jpg

I was struggling with a few issues with my Wildkat and finally threw in the towel. I knew that I would want a Les Paul 1960s Tribute Plus after trying one out and was getting more PO'ed at my Wildkat the more that I played it. I tried D'Addario strings, a Tusk XL nut and a Wilconson (sp?) bridge. Nothing helped the tuning and the high E string would only make about a third of the sound of the rest of the strings (that annoyed me the worst). I thought about keeping it and upgrading the pickups and wiring but once you have a bad taste in your mouth you it is hard to recover. So I took a different route and I am pretty happy.

Thanks for all the help you guys have provided. I am sure this LP will work out quite well.

Jay

Nice Guitar . far from a Wildkat. . I have a Wildkat i dont have any problems with it . And i don't have any problems with any of my epiphones you cant adjust. Enjoy that new guitar she is a beauty .

That's not an upgrade, it's a swap. A Wildkat is a very different beast from a Les Paul --- they're designed to do different things.

Will you be changing your screen ID now to "LesPauler?" [tongue]

That's not an upgrade, it's a swap. A Wildkat is a very different beast from a Les Paul --- they're designed to do different things.

Will you be changing your screen ID now to "LesPauler?" [tongue]

Great name

I can't help but think a trip to the guitar shop might have helped that poor wildkat. But congrats on the new axe!

I agree. I've had a 'Kat for a couple of years now, and have absolutely no issues with it and absolutely love it.

But, to the OP, as long as you're happy with your "upgrade" LOL, that's really all that matters isn't it?

I agree. I've had a 'Kat for a couple of years now, and have absolutely no issues with it and absolutely love it.

But, to the OP, as long as you're happy with your "upgrade" LOL, that's really all that matters isn't it?

I am happy. I really liked the Wildkat and think that it is a heck of a good deal for the price. That being said, I didn't want to go to the trouble of rewiring it for lower capacitance wire to get the higher frequencies out of it. I knew that I would want the Les Paul and have to get my hands on one. I may regret my decision and if that is the case. I know were I can find another Wildkat.

Jay

Archived