Gibson Brands Forums

NGD AJ-28S-VS

philfish

Bought a Epiphone AJ this past week end to replace my " kitchen guitar " one that I can leave on a stand and don't have to keep in a case and worry to much about humidity issues.

It's a 125th Anniversary AJ-28-VS Serial # R98A 0104

Beautiful guitar, burst all over. And nice tone

Maybe you guys know some info on this model

Thanks

Bought a Epiphone AJ this past week end to replace my " kitchen guitar " one that I can leave on a stand and don't have to keep in a case and worry to much about humidity issues.

It's a 125th Anniversary AJ-28-VS Serial # R98A 0104

Beautiful guitar, burst all over. And nice tone

Maybe you guys know some info on this model

Thanks

Not familiar...but, can you post a picture ?msp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

I have been talking to friends about this.

As a big fan of the Unofficial Epiphone Guitars Wiki, (great site boys![thumbup]).

I am amazed at how many different models Epiphone made in the past 20 years.

Yours, the AJ-28s-VS is one of them. Along with the Anniversary AJ-28s, AJ-30 & 35 plus Anniversary, AJ-40 TLC and Anniversary and AJ-45 s/se.

All had solid tops (Back and sides?)

So where are these guitars?

I have only seen 1 AJ-28 TLC on e-bay.

They have to be out there somewhere.

I have the AJ-18S 12 NA and have been looking for other AJs with solid tops.

Almost impossible to locate or they have just been eluding me [rolleyes].

Please post some photos.

That is beautiful.

Love the elongated headstock.

The Vintage burst looks really nice.

But since it is made of solid wood and not laminate, I would still keep it humidified.

Mind me asking where you got it and how much you paid?

mgrasso this guitar is in very good shape, I thought it would be comparable to the AJ 200s made today.

I had looked at Epiphone wiki before I went to see it and specs said mahogany back and sides,no mention of solid.

I saw the guitar on Craigs List the seller was an older fellow ( and I'm 60 ) he has shoulder issues and can't play

guitar any more, but he still played the auto harp,had a small jam session good time

When I saw this guitar and the finish and wood grain I thought this must be better than the 200s.

So I offered him 2 Bills for the guitar and a hard case

And the deal was done

Oh and the neck on this is jest like my J-45TV

That sounds like a great deal to me.

I know $200 does not sound like a lot of money, but I'm sure it plays wonderful.

And if it does not, it can be adjusted.

It is a really good AJ, and you never know what another 10 years will do to the sound.

Enjoy her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yowzer!! I've got your guitar's near sister over here in Grand Rapids, MI.: R98A 0107

Mine's in mint shape, bought new from a guitar shop in Juneau, Alaska where it had sat for years unstrung and unplayed. I think I payed $400. I'm just putting it up for sale, as we're guitar heavy over here. Glad I stumbled on this post! Cool!

Yowzer!! I've got your guitar's near sister over here in Grand Rapids, MI.: R98A 0107

Mine's in mint shape, bought new from a guitar shop in Juneau, Alaska where it had sat for years unstrung and unplayed. I think I payed $400. I'm just putting it up for sale, as we're guitar heavy over here. Glad I stumbled on this post! Cool!

details my friend and pics

• 6 months later...

Archived