Gibson Brands Forums

Pick up covers

Tober

So, as being a huge Metallica and being in a Metallica cover band I had to get a white Flying V ( also have the explorer). I see that hetfield has white EMGs in him new V. I can't stand the EMGs and really like the stock pickup in the V. I was on the all parts site and found white plastic pickup covers.

My question is do you think the the covers are going to tame the 500T to much? Does any one have experience with covers?

So, as being a huge Metallica and being in a Metallica cover band I had to get a white Flying V ( also have the explorer). I see that hetfield has white EMGs in him new V. I can't stand the EMGs and really like the stock pickup in the V. I was on the all parts site and found white plastic pickup covers.

My question is do you think the the covers are going to tame the 500T to much? Does any one have experience with covers?

Plastic covers should no effect on pickup performance.

I have a plastic cover on a Dimarzio x2n and it didn't have any difference at all.

The pup was a freeby and someone had painted then sanded it....lol........I needed a decent pickup for a BC Rich and said what the heck......put it in with an EMG looking plastic cover......looked ok, sounded great!!!!

NHTom

1398473867[/url]' post='1513512']

I installed covers on a Flying V's stock pickups.

No drob-off in output.

You must get the correct cover for the neck or bridge position.

They are usually available through most Gibson part retailers.

http://store.gibson.com/covers/

PRPC-035__24777.1315426332.220.220.jpg?c=1

i got this from all parts they should be coming today at some time

http://www.allparts.com/PC-0303-025-Humbucking-Pickup-Covers-No-Holes-White-Plastic_p_2398.html

Archived