Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbuilt or Hummingbird Pro

Thomse

Looking to buy one or the other . What are the differences

My first recommendation would be the Masterbilt DR-500MCE available on many retail online stores. It costs twice as much, but is well worth the extra. I own both. If you do not have the budget for a Masterbilt..then I would certainly recommend the Epiphone Hummingbird Pro. Both are great. The Masterbilt is all solid woods..which means far more tone...while the Hummingbird has laminated sides and back but has a solid top. Depending on the Masterbilt model you are looking for...some no longer made can be bought used.

My first recommendation would be the Masterbilt DR-500MCE available on many retail online stores. It costs twice as much, but is well worth the extra. I own both. If you do not have the budget for a Masterbilt..then I would certainly recommend the Epiphone Hummingbird Pro. Both are great. The Masterbilt is all solid woods..which means far more tone...while the Hummingbird has laminated sides and back but has a solid top. Depending on the Masterbilt model you are looking for...some no longer made can be bought used.

Thanks for the info i am going to go with the Masterbilt.

Once again Guitarlight is bang on the masterbuilt dr500mce is a great guitar and a steal for the money, you won't be disappointed but the hummingbird is a great guitar for the price to just not amazing like the dr is

• 4 weeks later...

Archived