Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Acoustic

Alby

Hi

I am the proud owner of a Les Paul Acoustic , I bought it because my band needed an electro acoustic sound and I had too much feedback from my acoustic with a pick up. I was nearly turned over to the dark side when i tried a Piezo equiped PRS , but I saw this guitar and loved it. I use it with both an AER Compact 60 and my Mesa Boogies and it produces an lot of useful sounds although it does take a bit of tweaking to get a full sound. It always gets positive comments , but also gets the " for that money you could have bought a Les Paul with Pickups"! Are there any other Les Paul Acoustic players out there ?

regards

Alby

post-64939-064353900 1398453486_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have one; tangerine burst - bought it about 5 years ago (went on a web search and offered to buy it from the owner - it was not for sale). It has been a while since I played it in a band setting....used a Gibson Chet SST for a lot of years and figured the LP would be in the same ballpark. They do have similarities, but I was always more comfortable with the Chet (I also upgraded the electronics on the Chet).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick follow up , I am starting to play a some jazz (it's an age thing) and last Saturday I took the Les Paul Acoustic to a Jazz guitar workshop with my Mesa 5:25 amp, the other participants were a bit sceptical at first , but many commented on the pleasing sound and had a quick try. I have never been quite sure what Gibson intended when they designed this guitar , but it is a very flexible beast.

Alby

I've seen a few of these pop up over the years in which I've played, and they have captivated me. Sadly they always seem to come about when I'm skint, or they get grabbed by someone who had seen it earlier. I would love to have one of these. Gibson if you're listening; this is something you can make again.

I've seen a few of these pop up over the years in which I've played, and they have captivated me. Sadly they always seem to come about when I'm skint, or they get grabbed by someone who had seen it earlier. I would love to have one of these. Gibson if you're listening; this is something you can make again.

woa you are so lucky :)

Archived