Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Hard Shell Cases

Hi all,

I am writing to you all tonight from Australia.

Apparently Australia does not exist as a region on Epiphone.com and as such it's extremely difficult to locate any authorised dealers in my part of the world.

I have an Epiphone ES339 Pro with a hard shell case that I picked up locally 2nd hand and love it. I am considering purchasing a Sheraton II or a Riveria P93 to compliment it but unfortunately no one in Australia will sell me one new with a hard case. I have looked overseas online but no one is permitted to sell me a new hard case for any of these models due to local contract obligations .

I won't buy a semi-hollow body without a hard case and no foreign seller is permitted to supply me one unless it is 2nd hand so I am in a bit of a catch 22.

Does Epiphone have an official presence in Australia? If so how do I contact them? If I wanted one of the 120 different varieties of Les Paul with a hard case I'd be fine but I don't. I just want to be able to get a hard case for either a Sheraton II, Riveria or an ES355.

Is anyone able to offer any advice on how to source one here ?

Regards,

Tim

Hi Midtowner,

Thanks for your reply!

I am definitely going to check this out. I can get a new Sheraton II with the hard case flown from Germany to Australia for about $250 less than what I can buy the guitar alone for here. When you said 'reasonable' you weren't joking.

Cheers mate,

Tim

• 2 months later...

I ordered an Epi case for my pr5e a/e online thru Allan's/Billy Hyde- 139 bucks, they apparently are the new Gibson franchise in Oz. I had mine organized as a pick-up from store, but they courier to your destination for the same price I believe. Best of luck.

Archived