Gibson Brands Forums

NAD: Fender Rumble 100 Combo

MrNylon

I picked up a Fender Rumble 100 Combo today, as a light playing combo amp. So far it's a decent Fender bass amp series. This one has a 12" speaker, and plays well. If you get a chance to try one out, you may like the new Rumble series.

ESycI2X.jpgiegEsGI.jpg

That looks very much like a Fender amp should look. I used to have a Rumble 250/210 combo, it was very disappointing, that fuzzy black cloth attracted my cat's claws like a scratching post. It couldn't keep up with two guitars using Hot Rod Juniors, and construction of the cabinet was inferior. The wheels fell off the first time I rolled it across a parking lot. I traded it in for a Hartke HA2500 and a SWR Goliath Jr 210. That blew the Fender Combo out the door!

Is this new Fender Combo light weight? I don't think I'd get any new amp that wasn't using the new magnet technology. My back says keep it under 50 pounds! Let us know how that works out for you.

John

That looks very much like a Fender amp should look. I used to have a Rumble 250/210 combo, it was very disappointing, that fuzzy black cloth attracted my cat's claws like a scratching post. It couldn't keep up with two guitars using Hot Rod Juniors, and construction of the cabinet was inferior. The wheels fell off the first time I rolled it across a parking lot. I traded it in for a Hartke HA2500 and a SWR Goliath Jr 210. That blew the Fender Combo out the door!

Is this new Fender Combo light weight? I don't think I'd get any new amp that wasn't using the new magnet technology. My back says keep it under 50 pounds! Let us know how that works out for you.

John

Hello JohnJ, I don't like carpet on any amp myself. The Fender Bassman Combo Series had carpet before being dropped for the first Rumble Series also. The new third generation Rumbles are a wood cab, and this Rumble 100 weighs in at 22 pounds. It does sound very good, somewhat like the more expensive Bassman Combos were a few years ago.

It looks like a really nice amp - and for not a lot of cash. Even the 2X10 Rumble 500 is only $499.00! I'm going to try one on the next trip to the music store.msp_thumbup.gif

You may just like it. The Rumble 100 for having a single 12, for me, was a nice sound in a small, light weight combo, with a phones jack too. Tomorrow the SG Spl. goes through it. [thumbup]

I ran the SG Spl. through the Rumble 100 today. I'm not disappointed. The sounds were very good. The boys in the Fender Amp dept. have turned out a good bass combo. After hearing this today, I would think the Rumble 200, and Rumble 500 Combo amps should sound equally as good, or better. I'm not selling off my TC Electronic "big kid", but the new Rumble Series is a real amp worthy of trying out. [thumbup]

It really is what I was hoping it would be. To say I wasn't impressed with the first two Rumble generation amps, is an understatement. The third generation is worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived