Gibson Guitar Board: Sticky surface on my T.120 - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sticky surface on my T.120 How to remove / clean?

#1 User is offline   Confocal 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

After some years the rubber/plastic on the top surface of my T.120 (around the plate and the command buttons) is very sticky.
Bad, bad feeling when you touch this surface.
I would like to underline that the usage of my T.120 was not very intensive and always in my home (no dust, no smoke, like in a club for example).
The problem now is how to try to replace or to clean this surface. On the web there are some people that suggest something…but I am not sure these are good methods. Any professional and previously proved suggestion is well accepted!!

Thank you!

Bye bye from Italy.

Attached File  IMG_0096.JPG (143.52K)
Number of downloads: 12

#2 User is offline   proaudiotech 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Hello

I do not have a good solution. I know that rubber was on the older turntables and got that way with some users in certain cases of humidity etc. I wish there was an easier way to place a SKIN on it but I don't see that styleflip.com or others have the measurements as the T.120 has been discontinued for so long.
Please note that this is a fan/enthusiast forum - this is not a customer service forum. If you have a customer service issue, please contact the Customer Service dept. Click here for CS contact information..

#3 User is offline   ajay 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

A good way to clean rubber is hot water and dish soap. Should work great. You could also try automotive shampoo if that doesn't work. Works great on tires, so why not. I really think dish soap would work, and maybe use a brush.

#4 User is offline   DSO_ND 

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:24 AM

I had the same issue Confocal and used Isopropyl alcohol on some nylon cloth, the result was good!

The alcohol didn't harm the rubber or the logos.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users