My new Gibson J-15

Cowboyoilman

2014-05-13%2021.19.01_zpsnlbe4yjn.jpg

2014-05-13%2021.18.28_zps4pfkvb2e.jpg

2014-05-13%2021.29.55_zpsdoo9ffat.jpg

2014-05-13%2021.20.29_zpswylytru8.jpg

2014-05-13%2021.20.08_zpsruqglsst.jpg

2014-05-13%2021.19.32_zpsb7olnafk.jpg

I got a new Gibson J-15 and I'm madly in love! Gibsons are a big deal in my family. My uncle has always been a big Gibson fan and always fed my desire to play music when I was a boy and continues to do so to this day. He bought one of these J-15's himself. I grew up playing his Les Pauls and J-45's. I started getting serious about acoustic guitars about 3 years ago and this is my first Gibson acoustic and could not be happier! I named her Blondie do to her gorgeous blonde stripe on her back!

Gorgeous wood on the back! Great walnut in Boseman, Montana they have msp_thumbup.gif

Congratulations and play a lot.

P.S. We give names to our guitars because they are living creatures and because we love them much.

Very nice! Still looking forward to playing one, but by the time my GC gets around to stocking them, Gibson will have come out with a newer model. Actually I have my eye more on the LG-2 AE since I already have a exceptionally good J-35.

Glad you're bonding with the new J-15 and it looks great! Play on and enjoy. :)

DC

Really nice back Randmo! I got mine in February. My third Gibson acoustic. (Blues King and J-200 also) I love my J-15, haven't played the others since. I love my J-200, I'm just still digging the J-15. These J-15s seem really nice, I was actually looking to get a Southern Jumbo at the time. I mentioned the J-15 a few times to the wife, she said get the J-15 now and the Southern Jumbo later in the year. Wow, I had to jump on that deal.

Really nice back Randmo! I got mine in February. My third Gibson acoustic. (Blues King and J-200 also) I love my J-15, haven't played the others since. I love my J-200, I'm just still digging the J-15. These J-15s seem really nice, I was actually looking to get a Southern Jumbo at the time. I mentioned the J-15 a few times to the wife, she said get the J-15 now and the Southern Jumbo later in the year. Wow, I had to jump on that deal.

I've only started playing about two months ago, my fingers were sore as heck. I didn't want to put money into my FG700s for a setup, so I did some research (Taylor, Martin and Gibson), went to GC did a test drve. Tried the Taylor 314CE, It was nice, tried the J-15 and loved the feel and sound, never got to the Martin. No regrets!

I hear ya Randmo. As much as I've been gassing for a Southern Jumbo, I do not regret getting the J-15 at all, very nice Gibson, very nice Guitar. I still want some variation of a SJ, gonna bide my time, save some money, and snatch up another nice Gibson.

In the few weeks that I've owned this guitar it has really started to open up. It projects well, is plenty loud and very balanced across the strings. Very nice base response, lush mids and sparkling highs! I have a Seagull Artist Mosaic Folk (solid hog back/sides and solid cedar top) that is a delight to finger pick that I have not played in a while. I just can't stop playing the Gibson. It is an amazing strummer and an awesome finger picker as well!

In the few weeks that I've owned this guitar it has really started to open up. It projects well, is plenty loud and very balanced across the strings. Very nice base response, lush mids and sparkling highs! I have a Seagull Artist Mosaic Folk (solid hog back/sides and solid cedar top) that is a delight to finger pick that I have not played in a while. I just can't stop playing the Gibson. It is an amazing strummer and an awesome finger picker as well!

What strings are you using? I have Gibson's on now, I have a set of Martins and Elixirs that are next in line to experiment, but now I'm thinking the Ernie Ball Aluminum.

492eaf9c-d55f-4713-8f00-1d24e91a3962_zps5470851f.jpg

Just got back from Guitar Center West Covina CA they had one J-15 and 2 J-35s all three was very nice sounding but the J-35s were just a little louder but the J-15 was warmer sounding

After hearing them it would be a hard decision to pick which one to bring home but I think I'd chose the J-35 but not by much that J-15 was very nice, the back of the J-15 was very plain and looked like a 3 piece back kind of like a Martin D-35 but simply put together

All three had the Gibson sound and would be a excellent choice for a singer song writers voice and in time would open up even more

Archived