Gibson Brands Forums

Thread Title Deleted by Author

SoundMaster

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

Very hard to choose just one, so - if You don't mind - I'll mention two names.

Slash - He is the player who turned me onto Les Pauls. I am not His fan, but I think His tone is brilliant. That's what, and the way Les Pauls looked in His hands infected me with the eternal desire to buy these beauties.

Randy Rhoads - He is my biggest inspiration. Also, He is the one I first saw playing a cream Custom - which is the non-plus-ultra outfit for a Les Paul guitar - as far as I am concerned.

So, I think - keeping myself strictly to the OP's request - I can reduce that list to Randy Rhoads. He gave me more than just forming my taste for guitars.

Cheers... Bence

Well, there are SO MANY, but...OK, ONE would certainly be Mike Bloomfield! [thumbup]

CB

It is Bloomfield for me too re a Les Paul. I had heard Clapton, Green, Kossoff and Bolan before then but they didn't inspire me to Les Paul's. Bloomfield did.

I first heard Bloomfield on the first Lovin' Spoonful album and I liked his style then. When "Super Session" came out it just blew me away (and still does).

If I have to choose just one, I'll stray away from The Holy Grail of Peter Green and go with...

Danny Kirwan

But it really depends upon my mood and the moment. It could be any one of a number of my favorite players...

Hello!

Bloomfield's guitar, not the man Himself.

"The pervasive influence of the Super Session album helped boost interest in the instrument that Bloomfield is seen playing on its cover: a sunburst 1959 Les Paul Standard. Like many players at the time, Bloomfield first became interested in the Les Paul Standard, a.k.a. Burst, through Eric Clapton’s prominent use of it on John Mayall’s Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton album, from 1966. He’d also spent quite a bit of time playing one that belonged to John Sebastian of the Lovin’ Spoonful" (Source: http://www.guitaraficionado.com/super-session-man-the-late-great-mike-bloomfield-is-remembered-with-a-new-box-set-and-film.html).

Cheers... Bence

Surprised that noone have mentioned Billy Gibbons, he´s my absolute favorite LP player, i love the tone on e.g. Brown sugar and Blue Jean blues, still the best guitar sound i've ever heard!

Archived