Gibson Brands Forums: Where is your guitar when you aren't playing it? - Gibson Brands Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where is your guitar when you aren't playing it?

Poll: Where is your guitar kept (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Where is your guitar when you're not playing it?

1. In the guitar's case. (26 votes [57.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.78%

2. On a floor stand. (12 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. Hanging on the wall. (5 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Leaning against something (amp, pillow). (1 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

5. Someplace else (1 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

Do you use a cloth to protect the neck/headstock?

1. Yes (5 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No (40 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

I have four in the closet in cases and rotate one guitar out near my amp in its case. I have a stand that I use to set the guitar on when I take a break or something but at the end of the day, it's back in the case. I've seen lots of different accidents, including someone sitting on their guitar on their bed. Kids and pets tend to bump them and knock them over, or drop things on them, knock things over, trip over the stands, etc.

I don't have a man cave to hang my guitars on the walls. I have more of a man corner. And even if I did, that would mean more dusting but it would be cool to see them.

#22 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

Latest guitar was a Gretsch last birthday which never came with a case so it's on my 5 piece guitar rack. I play it almost everyday. Actually the 4 guitars on that rack, I play 3 of them all the time. The acoustic is very cheap and the 4th guitar on the rack. The Gibson and 12 are both in their cases. The very cheap Oscar Schmidt has a bad bridge and I need to repair it. Not worth taking it in to be fixed so it's up against the wall and chair as it can't fall over. Thought about throwing it away but then thought I should fix it as a learning experiment.
Herman

#23 User is offline   Attilla D' 

• Group: Members
  • Location'Vegas, baby!

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:08 AM

I have axes in all the above categories (survey) and "other" as well:
4-7 hang from their neck on the wall- 4 currently
2-5 are standing next to me at my desk, lightly leaning into "corners" by me or up against the amp next to me- 5 currently
8-14 are in multi-axe folding stands- 8 currently
3 are on single-stands because they are oddly shaped and almost refuse to stand straight- a Warlock, A Mockingbird, & an Iceman
Up to 27 are standing straight and tall, in 3 uniquely slotted multi-axe (9x@) standing floor-holders that I invented- 17 currently
2-5 are leaning lightly, resting against the Marshalls, the Peavey and the Crate- 5 currently
14 are in 7 model-specific custom-crafted Dual-axe Hard-cases that I make - standing along the wall
17 are in Single Hard-cases I didn't make - standing along the wall
3 are in nicely padded Gig-bags - standing along the wall
These locations are all current (7/1/'17) locations and are prone to change with little to no notice.
I have been overheard at gatherings while in conversations, and criticized for speaking fondly of "My Harem", or about my Girls.
Yep, and there's a time or two I have even been a bit misunderstood as to the actual subject by a nosey eaves-dropper, even to the point of being taken for "a mouthy chauvenist" once.
That mistake was by a nosey, over-critical & not-so nice-about-it, "ex" of an old friend, who thought I was talking smack about all my "Ex-es" when I was just reeling tales of my "Axes".
As it came to pass, the joke was on her & that's what she gets for being a bad listener, & so quick to try and wanna go put shame on a good-guy, anyhow!
Besides, how would a fella maintain that kind of popularity & have that many females in the mix at the same time, and still have any sanity left at the end of the day?
And when could he ever find any time to play his Axes?
I say, Thank goodness my "Axes", my "Girls" & "My Harem" are one-in-the-same!
And my Woman agrees! LOL!!!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users