Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Les Paul Custom in silverburst

Levism

Hi there ,

I recently purchased a 2014 LP custom through a local dealer in Canada. It arrived from Yorkville after about a couple weeks. After looking it over it was quickly determined that I had received a B stock from 2013 for some reason. I had them re-ordered it and they let me know there are none in Canada. Previous experience when ordering from the factory is a wait time of about two months. Understanding this I now have a silly question that perhaps could be answered.

Could I have my dealer request the custom with no weight relief and no pick guard? Would this constitute as a "build your own" with much higher price tag or is there a chance that the custom shop may have these (at least the non weight relieved) models in stock?

Thanks

Guest Farnsbarns

Hi there ,

I recently purchased a 2014 LP custom through a local dealer in Canada. It arrived from Yorkville after about a couple weeks. After looking it over it was quickly determined that I had received a B stock from 2013 for some reason. I had them re-ordered it and they let me know there are none in Canada. Previous experience when ordering from the factory is a wait time of about two months. Understanding this I now have a silly question that perhaps could be answered.

Could I have my dealer request the custom with no weight relief and no pick guard? Would this constitute as a "build your own" with much higher price tag or is there a chance that the custom shop may have these (at least the non weight relieved) models in stock?

Thanks

You won't likely get a reply from Gibson here but I can answer your question with some certainty. It would have to be a custom order which you would have to make via a custom dealer. Further, I don't think Gibson are taking custom orders at the moment but that might have changed.

• 2 weeks later...

You won't likely get a reply from Gibson here but I can answer your question with some certainty. It would have to be a custom order which you would have to make via a custom dealer. Further, I don't think Gibson are taking custom orders at the moment but that might have changed.

They should be, they've been posting lots of one-offs on Facebook like crazy, if they have time to do that, they have time to build special guitars for people who have the money and know what they want

Archived