Gibson Guitar Board: Stanton RM416 Mixer cue tact switch problem - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stanton RM416 Mixer cue tact switch problem More service backup help needed please

#1 User is offline   andywilson 

• Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

I've been trying to order replacement switches for the worn out cue button switches for my Stanton RM416 Mixer .I purchased the mixer from ebay usa 2 years ago from ebay & had it sent to me here in Auckland ,New Zealand.

Several of the cue tact switches have worn out which is annoying as the mixer is little over 2 years old. Without the cue switches been replaced i can't listen through headphones to the channels affected. 2 channels are affected . Its important i get the parts & i can repair it myself as i'm an electronics tech.
I tried getting service from the Stanton NZ dealer as recommended by Gibson usa ,but its a model he does not stock & is unable to help.Gibson usa only authorise dealers to supply parts in that part of the world the customer resides, but for many like myself purchasing through ebay is extremely common & i would have thought Gibson need to relook at the situation & way they want their products to retain a good name especially where spare parts are needed.So far, emailing Gibson service dept has proved frustrating & fruitless.

2 months back i thought i had finally suceeded in sourcing & purchasing the parts from Sonicfibre.com who debited my credit card and informed me the parts were on there way.
After several weeks of waiting i followed up with an email asking "Where are my parts?"
Their answer: They had not received them from their supplier for reasons unknown .Now they have refunded my credit card .

So its back on the chain gang to source the parts! Wildly frustrating.
If anyone here can let me know the tact switch part number & the manufacturer i may be able to source it from Newark or someone else.

It is a great mixer by the way ..just needs better cue tact switches..

#2 User is offline   proaudiotech 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

If you bought from the USA technically you need to buy the part from the USA and ship it to NZ. Any dealer in the USA that carry's Stanton can get that part and ship to an address in the USA and then you can figure how to get the part over there. Sorry but I don't have info on the actual switch and where you can get it outside of a Stanton dealer.

If the dealer you already contact can't get the part it means that it is back ordered so it is unknown when the part will be back in stock.
Please note that this is a fan/enthusiast forum - this is not a customer service forum. If you have a customer service issue, please contact the Customer Service dept. Click here for CS contact information..

#3 User is offline   andywilson 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

I traced back my receipt for the Stanton mixer through my emails . I bought the mixer from SCJ Audio through ebay on 26th October 2010.I'm happy to email it to you as proof of purchase if you wish to see it.

SCJ Audio do not seem to be around anymore so there has to be another solution for me to get parts .What can you suggest?

The cue tact switches for the mixer are only around $2 each but are specifically designed for that mixers pcb .With 1000's of different tact switches manufactured worldwide ,only Stanton can help and inform me the make & model of the tact switch replacement.

Help!

#4 User is offline   proaudiotech 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

View Postandywilson, on 19 June 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

I traced back my receipt for the Stanton mixer through my emails . I bought the mixer from SCJ Audio through ebay on 26th October 2010.I'm happy to email it to you as proof of purchase if you wish to see it.

SCJ Audio do not seem to be around anymore so there has to be another solution for me to get parts .What can you suggest?

The cue tact switches for the mixer are only around $2 each but are specifically designed for that mixers pcb .With 1000's of different tact switches manufactured worldwide ,only Stanton can help and inform me the make & model of the tact switch replacement.

Help!

Stanton products have a 1 year warranty so the proof of purchase is not important for this situation, sorry. You can submit a request to Gibson/Stanton customer service if they can help you find information on the part. The link is in my signature
Please note that this is a fan/enthusiast forum - this is not a customer service forum. If you have a customer service issue, please contact the Customer Service dept. Click here for CS contact information..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users