Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Kramer Striker 211 Custom

supersoldier71

115_zpsbed3a780.jpg

Purchased from Sweetwater. Love the sounds. The fret ends are brutal. I've had to do some work with a very fine file after I scratched up the base of my index finger on my fretting hand.

Plays great, it's my first Floyd Rose-equiped guitar and the stuff I'd seen about them being difficult to set up and tune, are way overblown. Had new strings, was set-up and in-tune out of the box, but I tune to Eb, so I had some adjsutments to make immediately. Took maybe ten minutes, the only tools I needed besides the included allen wrenches was a Philips head screwdriver.

I wanted a guitar for 80's rock/metal sounds, and this is it. The neck is a D-shape with a nice wide profile, lots of room on the fretboard. I've yet to find amp settings for the neck or middle pickups, but the bridge gives me the sounds I'm looking for. Easy pinch harmonics, sweeps, arpeggios. I can do all the same techniques on all my other guitars, they're just easier on this guitar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

115_zpsbed3a780.jpg

Purchased from Sweetwater. Love the sounds. The fret ends are brutal. I've had to do some work with a very fine file after I scratched up the base of my index finger on my fretting hand.

Plays great, it's my first Floyd Rose-equiped guitar and the stuff I'd seen about them being difficult to set up and tune, are way overblown. Had new strings, was set-up and in-tune out of the box, but I tune to Eb, so I had some adjsutments to make immediately. Took maybe ten minutes, the only tools I needed besides the included allen wrenches was a Philips head screwdriver.

I wanted a guitar for 80's rock/metal sounds, and this is it. The neck is a D-shape with a nice wide profile, lots of room on the fretboard. I've yet to find amp settings for the neck or middle pickups, but the bridge gives me the sounds I'm looking for. Easy pinch harmonics, sweeps, arpeggios. I can do all the same techniques on all my other guitars, they're just easier on this guitar.

I want one

4 H

Archived