Gibson Guitar Board: Troubleshooting STR8.150 - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Troubleshooting STR8.150

#1 User is offline   CanYouRoyalHouse 

• Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Ok so I have just recently bought a pair of STR8.150s. I am not into scratching records but mixing straight vinyl, I just figured this is a legit turntable.

I have a Pioneer DJM800 attached to two KRK Rockit 6s. I'm pretty sure I should be able to hear the record play. My tonearm is balanced as even as I can get it and I am working with brand new cartridges and a needle (from the box). I have the counterweight on 3.0 as the instructions say anywhere between 2.5 and 5 is acceptable. The antiskip is just left where it has been by default. It has no measure on it with numbers cause supposively I read you do not have to adjust the antiskip with a straight arm.. The needle makes fine contact with the record but no sound is coming off the turntable. I have tried different records and swapped the cartridges between the two also. I must be doing something wrong, bit new to all this. Can someone give me some suggestions what I am doing wrong here. Thanks for your time.

#2 User is offline   Wozzz 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

Check that your outputs & inputs are on phono (or line if you have intentionally set them to that).

Do you hear the music coming from the cartridge?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users