Gibson Brands Forums

Namm 2009

motorcitychick

Yes I think I am that person you are talking about from Detroit and moved to Nashville. I never did buy that red Les Paul, I changed my mind and bought a few Fender Custom Shop Strats instead. I would like to get a Gibson Les Paul Custom that resembles Randy Rhodes Les Paul, but haven't found one yet at a decent price. Les Pauls are a bit too high in price compared to Fender Custom Shop Strats. I will have to see what Namm has to offer next week. I do not want to spend over 3 grand on a Les Paul at this time, considering the economy is in bad shape. Maybe Gibson will run some special pricing in the future, only one can hope because they make such great guitars and I love my Gibson's!

As for the band I was in "The 2 Iguanas from Earth" are no more. I jam and do freelancing when I have the time. You might be able to do a web search with the bands name and see if there are any links with our music on it. Send me a private message with your address and I can send you one of our cd's. I don't know if this site has the private message link on it. Are you going to be at Namm, if so I can meet up with you and give you one of my cd's.

Hi Joe,

I got your emails today and I will have your cd shipped out to you on Tuesday January 13th, at no charged, Free to you! Let me know when you get the package and give me your opinion on my guitar playing. I played all the guitar parts and produced it also. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you soon.=D>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the kind words and posting the link to our photo's. I am the one with the fireglow 330 Rick I bought new in 1987 from Ace Music in North Miami. That was a great store and everyone that was a famous musician bought from that place, but it went out of business a long time ago.

I love the new Jeff Beck Les Paul, but it is out of my price range. Jeff Beck is very cool and he rocks!

Archived