Gibson Brands Forums

I need Help!! J45

Guitar12345

From

Blue Book of Electric Guitars Sixth Edition

Gibson Serialization

In 1961 Gibson started a new serial number system that covered all instrument lines. It consisted of numbers that are impressed into the wood. It is also generally known to be the most frustrating and hard to understand system that Gibson has employed. The numbers were used between the years 1961-1969. There are several instances where batches of numbers are switched in order, duplicated, not just once, but up to four times, and seem to be randomly assigned, throughout the decade. In general though, the numbers are approximately as follows:

1965 332241-347090

So the same guitar as your other post.

According to Fabulous Flat tops, that serial corresponds with 1965, however serials 330200-332240 hit on 65,67, and 68. With ledger inaccuracies aplenty, nothing is set in stone unless you find the scanned ledger page with that serial.

As I said in the other post, visually it looks to be 66-68 with the rosewood adj bridge and logo guard. Maybe made in late 65 for the 66 model year, but my best guess given that it's not cherry sunburst is that it's a 68

Archived