Gibson Brands Forums

Broken Maestro Vibrola

I have a historic SG with the maestro vibrola that is need of some repair. The leaf spring has broken completely off where the string retainer sits and is no longer usable. I was hoping that one of you guys could point me in the right direction for finding a genuine Gibson replacement. Thank you!!

post-65822-086609000 1402791968_thumb.jpg

post-65822-055243900 1402791997_thumb.jpg

Hey man, were you seriously "wanking" on it hard enough to break it? I have a '65 that functions well to this day. My only thought is.....it is made from cheap recycled metal from China?

Call Gibson.....google....or Ebay. ......or go hardtail!

Yeah I put a new set of strings on, tried the arm and it folded up on me! The arm wouldn't fit the case so you would have to take it off every time your done playing. I think what happened was the person that owned it before me would never remove the arm while it was stored so it must have weakened over time. Whew, I bet that '65 is something else! I have tried ALOT of different places but no such luck yet...

Awe, the '65 ain't as pretty as yours. Mine is a Special with P90s.

Sounds like you nailed the problem with the case. Try some aftermarket store like Mojo, Allparts, etc or Ebay search Gibson Vibrola....something ought to come up!!

IMG_2023_zps4287ff88.jpg

Archived