Gibson Brands Forums

Gisbon Les Paul 25/50

mrvfx

Hi and welcome.

From what I've seen on the 'bay in the USA they usually go for between $2,750 and $3,500.

The top prices are usually for those with figured tops and some form of sunburst finish.

The ebony ones usually go for slightly less than the 'bursts.

Much depends on condition and originality.

Best thing to do is check out the 'completed listings' on ebay where you live.

P.

Hi and welcome.

From what I've seen on the 'bay in the USA they usually go for between $2,750 and $3,500.

The top prices are usually for those with figured tops and some form of sunburst finish.

The ebony ones usually go for slightly less than the 'bursts.

Much depends on condition and originality.

Best thing to do is check out the 'completed listings' on ebay where you live.

P.

This makes me smile in a bittersweet way. I met two of these "forms of sunburst" brandnew around 1980 at music shop, Munich. They looked as awesome as can be, the insane flame as well as the burst. [love] Didn't check one of them though, wouldn't have been able to afford, so I thought I better leave them alone. [crying]

However, they also made me head over heels fall in love with the TP-6, and meanwhile I am married to several of the chrome-plated ones. [biggrin]

• 3 months later...

That's not good news at all.

I had the guys at Manny's Music in NYC dig around, they pulled out the best one and I got to put it on layaway way back when. I never should have let my wife talk me into selling that one. The pattern on the flames was just about holographic - a wonderful guitar.

I wrote Gibson a nastygram about them not shipping me out a belt buckle and they not only sent me a really funny letter along with the belt buckle but a commemorative 25/50 key chain as well. Nice people.

I have a 1978 25 / 50 and mine is sunburst with quite a good flame pattern (well, at least I like it). Mine is pretty battered however although it plays very well. It has a superb action - very low - and (of course) the low wide flat "fretless wonder" frets. And nibs!

All 3 of my guitars were recovered yesterday afternoon... the perps tried to sell it at one of the big music stores that afternoon. I got the call no more than 15 minutes after I made that post and the rest is history...so all is good and no damage to it.

Archived