Gibson Brands Forums

looking for specific kind of Flying V stand

phoenix79

I know this is going to be an annoying first post for me here, but I have a special snow falcon in my life that I want to stand upright a certain way.

Might sound crazy, but I don't want to use a stand that hangs the guitar by the neck, so hercules is out. Ideally, I'd like a stand that cradles the guitar in the V, like the case molding does, only upright and at a slight reverse angle.

This has been impossible to find, perhaps because I'm being too crazy and paranoid. Is it an impossible dream or does anyone know of such a thing? I am this close to buying a second V case, dismantling it somewhat, adding some angled steel like an a-frame, and calling it a day.

Building one sounds like a great idea actually.

May I suggest putting those metal coat hangers to use? Line them up in a thick bundle to match the flying v's inner body thickness, then add another layer for support. Use black vinyl tape to hide the metal, get some black velvet that's thick enough for the bundle to be put through . Drill some hooks into an already existent stand at the desired hight, there we go.

Although it's probably too good to be true, but why not try? What have you got to lose?

Archived