Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt AJ-45ME - VSS

mgrasso

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From specs Excel spreadsheet found on http://www2.epiphone.com/press/new2015.html:

2015 New Model Specifications

Model Name Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-45ME Acoustic/Electric

SKU EME4VSSNH1

Available Colors Vintage Sunburst Satin (VSS)

UPC (VSS) 711106336978

-------

Masterbilt 2015 AJ-45ME Acoustic/Electric: The historic “Advanced Jumbo” joins the Epiphone Masterbilt Family!

Epiphone continues its historic Masterbilt series with the new Epiphone Masterbilt 2015 AJ-45ME Acoustic/Electric. The legendary J-45 round shoulder dreadnought has been the driving power behind decades of classics in every genre--rock, pop, and country. From Hank Williams to John Lennon the “J-45” has been the go-to guitar for songwriters and rhythm guitarists. Epiphone’s first Ltd. Ed. reissue of the "The Workhorse" J-45 earned it a “Mark of Excellence Award” from Guitar One magazine and now the new Masterbilt 2015 AJ-45ME Acoustic/Electric brings two legends together for the first time!

Legendary Masterbilt Series: First released in June 1931, the original line of Epiphone Masterbilt guitars made a big impression on musicians and heralded the first great era of acoustic guitars. Today, the new line of Epiphone Masterbilt instruments continues that reputation around the world.

The original Epiphone Masterbilt catalog made the promise: "The possessor of an EPIPHONE instrument has the assurance that every possible precaution has been taken to build instruments for lifetime performance and pleasure." And Epiphone still stands by that promise today!

As with all Masterbilts, the new Masterbilt 2015 AJ-45ME Acoustic/Electric is an ALL SOLID WOOD instrument featuring a solid Sitka Spruce top finished in a Vintage Sunburst Satin finish. The top is supported by hand-scalloped Sitka Spruce braces and is set off by Mahogany kerfing along with a Rosewood bridge and a bone saddle. One of the great attributes of a Sitka Spruce top is that it gets better with age--and playing time--so play your AJ-45ME a lot! The 2015 AJ-45ME’s historic sloped jumbo shape contributes to the guitar’s mighty tone, booming bass, and mid-range projection. The Rosewood bridge features a vintage classic 1.69” bone nut and the top has 5-ply binding and a tortoise style pickguard.

The Masterbilt 2015 AJ-45ME has solid Mahogany back and sides, just like revered vintage models. The hand-shaped neck is also made from solid mahogany with a 1-piece heel. The neck is attached to the body with a dovetail joint and hide glue, and the neck has a standard 24.75” scale. Like all Masterbilts, the neck has a classic SlimTaper™ D profile. The Rosewood fingerboard features pearloid dot inlays, a 14” radius, and 20 medium jumbo frets.

Shadow Sonic™ Preamp and NanoFlex™ Pickups: Plug in with a Revolutionary Acoustic Sound!

While the 2015 AJ-45ME sounds great "unplugged," it really comes alive when plugged-in, thanks to Shadow's state-of-the-art Sonic™ preamp system with the revolutionary under-saddle NanoFlex™ low-impedance pickup.

Discretely mounted inside the sound hole, the Sonic preamp features an easy-access volume control with Treble and Bass EQ controls. There's also a "phase" switch that instantly cuts feedback without affecting tone. The NanoFlex™ pickup is the only pickup that senses both the vibrations of the strings and the movements of the soundboard simultaneously. So, the sound is truly "acoustic," combining accurate body and string tone with percussive attack. It's like having a microphone mixed with an under-saddle pickup!

Due to active amplification directly at the pickup and 100% shielding of the entire system, there is no signal loss and no "hum" created. A battery indicator LED turns on when the battery is low and should be replaced within 30 minutes. The preamp is powered by two 2032 lithium, 3V batteries and the complete system is extremely light and weighs far less than ordinary 9V systems. A premium Shadow output jack is incorporated into the endpin jack, and the entire electronic system is covered by Shadow's 5-year worldwide parts and labor limited warranty.

The Epiphone Masterbilt 2015 AJ-45ME Acoustic/Electric features Epiphone’s quality nickel hardware and stays in-tune thanks to world famous Grover™ Sta-Tite™ machine heads with a pro-level 18:1 tuning ratio.

Epiphone Masterbilt quality speaks for itself and has for over half a century. Every instrument made at the “House of Stathopoulo” is backed by Epiphone’s Limited Lifetime Warranty and Gibson 24/7/365 Customer Service. Check out the Epiphone Masterbilt 2015 AJ-45ME Acoustic/Electric at your Authorized Epiphone Dealer today and make your own history with one of the best acoustic guitars ever made!

-------

Top Material Solid Sitka Spruce

Back Material Solid Mahogany

Side Material Solid Mahogany

Neck Material Mahogany; 1-piece plus heel

Neck Shape Options SlimTaper™; D profile

Neck Joint Glued-In; Dove-Tail with hide glue

Truss Rod Adjustable

Scale Length 24.75"

Fingerboard Material Rosewood with Pearloid Dot inlays

Bridge Pickup Shadow® NanoFlex™ ; Under Saddle

Electronics Shadow® Sonic™ Soundhole

Controls Master Volume / Treble EQ / Bass EQ / Phase "Anti-feedback" Switch / Low-Battery Indicator

Power Two #2032 Lithium Batteries (3V)

Binding Body = 5 ply; Neck = None; Headstock = None

Fingerboard Radius 14"

Frets 20; medium

Bridge Rosewood

Saddle Material Bone

Nut Width 1.69"

Nut Material Bone

Hardware Nickel

Machine Heads Grover™ Sta-Tite™ 18:1 ratio

Includes User's Manual / Truss Rod Wrench / Epiphone Poster / Epiphone Bumper Sticker

Optional: Hard Case (940-EDREAD) / Case UPC = 711106261362

Warranty Epiphone Limited Lifetime

Website www.Epiphone.com

Service 1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766) / service@gibson.com

I'm going to start saving up and get me one of these.

I really wish Epiphone had decided to go with the more understated Gibsonesque rosette like what is on the Texan.

yes mate - I love the single ring on my EJ160e and wish they had used that design - love the pickguard though - remains true to the vintage ones I've seen -

New member here. Thought to share a thank you to all who contribute to the Masterbilt sections on these forums. A few months back I was doing HEAVY research on a new guitar. Ended up with a 2008 AJ-500M thanks to a lot of you and your awesome insight. It is a wonderful guitar.

Since getting the AJ-500m I was now wanting a short scale. Ended up playing quite a few J45's and fell in love. But the cost of one for a guy who "just writes songs" is just not happening.

Then I see this post about the AJ-45 masterbilt and I knew the wait was on. I was giddy with excitement when I got an email yesterday from Epiphone with the new additions.

I can't wait to get my hands on one and hope that its everything my AJ-500 is. They will become good friends :-)

Dusty

I just watched a short video of NAMM with Dr Epiphone discussing the AJ-45ME. It wasn't super in depth or anything and didn't even show the headstock, but what I could see looked freaking fantastic. It looked way more awesome than the stock photos suggest.

I'm definitely on board with this guitar n a few more months!

I just watched a short video of NAMM with Dr Epiphone discussing the AJ-45ME. It wasn't super in depth or anything and didn't even show the headstock, but what I could see looked freaking fantastic. It looked way more awesome than the stock photos suggest.

I'm definitely on board with in a few more months!

Link?

Red 333

I'm definitely on board with in a few more months!

Sometimes Sweetwater runs those 12-24 months same as cash deals, which really makes it affordable...

Archived