Gibson Brands Forums

Legit gibson sg 61 reissue????

Devine

Hey everyone ,

I'm interested in purchasing this 2005 Gibson sg 61 reissue. I just wanted to make sure this is real and not a fake. I'm pretty sure it's the real thing. I will add some photos. Also I just wanted some opinions of what I should pay. imagejpg1.jpg[/url]

imagejpg4.jpg[/url]

imagejpg3.jpg[/url]

imagejpg2.jpg[/url]

The Gibson inlay@peghead looks,,kindof different,,at least the outer edges of it,,maybe its the pic,,and not the gtr. Nice axe either way

Yeah, I noticed that, as well. But, it's probably just a ragged edge on the paint. Razor blade,

carefully done, would fix that. Otherwise it seems "legit!" BUT...IF in doubt, move on...there

will always be another one, sooner or later!

CB

No hi-res pic, but so far it looks good and all original from here.

What exactly are you looking for in the pic. If the pots say gibson?? I'm buying this from a guy off of Kijji so getting pics is tough lol. I'm goi to meet him next Thursday to buy it if it's all good. Anything else I should be worried about. Like I said. It's my very first gibson. So I def don't want to buy a fake

What exactly are you looking for in the pic. If the pots say gibson?? I'm buying this from a guy off of Kijji so getting pics is tough lol. I'm goi to meet him next Thursday to buy it if it's all good. Anything else I should be worried about. Like I said. It's my very first gibson. So I def don't want to buy a fake

It's about wires and wiring, make of the parts, routings, and finish. Hi-res pics would be better, and viewing it all in person would be best, but to my eyes there's nothing to be seen in any of the linked pictures what would be an alarm signal to me.

I assure you that regardless if it had been my first, sixth, eleventh or whatever Gibson, I would have been annoyed to the bone in case I later had found it being a fake. On the other hand, I fully understand everyone who wants to make 100% sure that the guitar or bass I want to sell to her/him is legit.

Never before heard about Kijji, so I just researched for it. Wikipedia said it was an uninhabited small island in the Atlantic Ocean, belonging to the Islamic Republic of Mauritania. Now I think I understand that electronic communication will be rather limited there... [unsure]

Never before heard about Kijji, so I just researched for it. Wikipedia said it was an uninhabited small island in the Atlantic Ocean, belonging to the Islamic Republic of Mauritania. Now I think I understand that electronic communication will be rather limited there... [unsure]

Www.kijiji.ca

Canadian version of Craigslist but better

Www.kijiji.ca

Canadian version of Craigslist but better

Ah, got it. Since you spelt Kijji in your post #17, I ran into a misconception obviously. ;)

And as for being sorry about newbie questions in your post #8, there's no reason for that. Every old hand at guitars will either be excited about a new one, or better should leave it alone [biggrin]

Archived