Gibson Brands Forums

Thomann Delivery

foofighterjase

Has any one ever brought their new gibson from Thomann in Germany and shipped in to the U.K? If so when it's dispatched how many carriers does it pass through as in does it start with DHL and then get passed to UPS for the U.K or what? As the tracking no they gave me does not work on any of the Web tracking tools? What sort of time do they take to ship and are they outer boxed outside of the Gibson box??

Yes I bought an ES175 new from them last year. I was very happy with the service and delivery (UPS I think) and it came in the Gibson box which was inside an even bigger box. Took about 8-10 days, I think the tracking number was linked to their despatch system. If you read the small print you can claim for any damages and return in 30 days (probably you would have to pay the return postage).

So my experience has been good, both times I have ordered off Thomann. Let us know how you get on.

Well I've got the first tracking number and they said it will arrive in 2 or 3 days? But this tracking number does not work on the UPS tracking page so I'm under the assumption that DHL take it out of Germany and UPS pick it up in the U.K? But the code is not working on the DHL tracking either??? I'm quite puzzled to be fair?

Thomann is a very good company, used em countless times, takes about 5-7 days and has a 30 day no argue return policy if you don't like it, but you have to pay the shipping fee about £12 but if it is damaged its free usually they send a text telling you when its going to be delivered

Well they blew me away my explorer arrived yesterday so 4 days shipping door to door and the packing was superb! So DHL took it out of Germany and Parcel force collected it and dropped it to me in the U.K! Got it for 600 pound cheaper than last year at this time and got to say it plays like a dream the action is super low it's ace!I highly recommend them and will use them again next time, the guitar tech set it up for me just perfect to my request. Real nice guys I have to say and checked it from top to bottom before dispatch which I can't fault. So here's the beast anyhows as I vowed to get one of these after paying off my Firebird! :-)

Well they blew me away my explorer arrived yesterday so 4 days shipping door to door and the packing was superb! So DHL took it out of Germany and Parcel force collected it and dropped it to me in the U.K! Got it for 600 pound cheaper than last year at this time and got to say it plays like a dream the action is super low it's ace!I highly recommend them and will use them again next time, the guitar tech set it up for me just perfect to my request. Real nice guys I have to say and checked it from top to bottom before dispatch which I can't fault. So here's the beast anyhows as I vowed to get one of these after paying off my Firebird! :-)

When you will find the time for a photoshooting, post pics of your new Explorer, please - wanna see... [love]

• 8 months later...

Archived