Gibson Brands Forums

LP Custom story

Dear friends at Gibson!

First of, THANK YOU very much for outstanding guitar I own! May I kindly ask for some details, please?

1. I know the guitar was made in 1999. As I am not the first owner, so I wonder did it have COA when had left Nashville? As far as I understand it is not possible for me to get a copy of COA? Maybe any other type of approval from you?

2. I have heard that this Custom Authentic series was a limited run for Yamano Japan dealer and went on sale in Japan exclusively. Is it true? Approximately how many of them were manufactured?

3. I am not sure about the neck – does it have long tenon?

Thank you very much for your deep research and patience!

Michael.

post-59192-029560300 1404755870_thumb.jpg

post-59192-049042200 1404755884_thumb.jpg

post-59192-031350100 1404755897_thumb.jpg

post-59192-034606700 1404755910_thumb.jpg

That's a statement - "If you are seeking assistance with identifying your instrument, please visit our Instrument ID and Information forum"

from here "http://www2.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx"

So here I am :)

[lol] Yes, I know it's written there, but there are lots of things that can't be cleared up here. Gibson does several special runs a year, either on special request, or very limited editions offered to just a few dealers. Many of these won't appear on the Gibson website. I own two Gibson Special Run and three Gibson Limited Run guitars which once were listed on the website, and two more Limited Run guitars that never were.

Since your inquiry seems to be about a Special Request guitar, it is unlikely to find any information about it here.

Recently I found out that a small but extraordinarily reputable dealer is offering a Custom Shop Limited Run Les Paul. There are five of these for Europe, and they have two of them in stock... [scared] The Gibson website tells nothing about them. Same is valid for an Explorer Special Run, 16 guitars for the world, one dealer in Germany has one, another dealer three - and nothing to learn about them on the Gibson website, too. [rolleyes]

Archived