Gibson Brands Forums

Help me identify these pick ups

seattlesinner

I got these in trade about 8-10 yrs ago. Was told they came from an then new SG. I figure they are either 498T and 490R or possibly '57 Classic, but no sticker on back. Anyone know for sure? I am going to put them up for sale and want to properly identify. Thanks

IMGP0687.jpg IMGP06892.jpg

I have a feeling that they are probably the t pups. I've never seen 57's with the Gibson logo or extra rows of screw holes. What do they read on an ohmmeter?

I haven't yet check with meter. What's confusing is 490r and 498 come with 4-conductor shield. These have two

I haven't yet check with meter. What's confusing is 490r and 498 come with 4-conductor shield. These have two

Many stock pickups still come with braided wiring.

To me it is obvious that one is "R" spaced, the other "T" spaced. The "T" one with the larger pole screws spacing could be a 490T or 498T as well, and a DC resistance reading would be helpful for discerning.

To me it is obvious that one is "R" spaced, the other "T" spaced. The "T" one with the larger pole screws spacing could be a 490T or 498T as well, and a DC resistance reading would be helpful for discerning.

Good eye on that pole spacing.

13.9 & 8.3 if I measured correct resistance

Archived