Gibson Brands Forums

First Les Paul

Nicolas France

Hi guys,

I finally realized my old dream with my new Les paul Studio pro, the sound is incredible, finish awesome

The Jimmy Page fan that I am is really in the seven sky [laugh] [laugh]

mini_140717110632228519.jpg

I will complete it with a Roger mayer Page 1 pedal with a Vox AC4C1-12, what do you think about this combo ?

I want to reproduce the Page sound the best as I can with my finance

Thanks for your advices

Cheers

Nicolas

Guest Farnsbarns

Hi guys,

I finally realized my old dream with my new Les paul Studio pro, the sound is incredible, finish awesome

The Jimmy Page fan that I am is really in the seven sky [laugh] [laugh]

mini_140717110632228519.jpg

I will complete it with a Roger mayer Page 1 pedal with a Vox AC4C1-12, what do you think about this combo ?

I want to reproduce the Page sound the best as I can with my finance

Thanks for your advices

Cheers

Nicolas

You want a telecaster and a Marshall! [flapper]

Joking aside, a lot of the studio recordings were done in a tele but you probably knew that... A valve amp with a decent amount of power valve crunch is what you need. Only thing is, that generally means expensive. I think you'll get close enough with that combo.

Congrats - hope it gives you much pleasure.

Well then - a 'Jimmy Page sound' - I'm a big Zeppelin fan and listen to them very regularly but I don't think I've ever thought of a Page sound as such - compared to say an Angus Young, Billy gibbons, David Gilmour, SRV, Hendrix etc etc 'sound' all of which come instantly to the 'mind's ear'.

Maybe its the lack of a single sound that makes them special to me, plus all the multi tracked songs with a wide variety of guitar sounds within a given song. I'd have to think on it for a while. Interesting.

Thanks guys

I'm conscient the Jimmy Page sound is just for him and really expensive to have it

But with a Page 1 and a Vox amplifier I think it's a good approach to have fun, it's the most important for me

For now I'm so happy with my Les paul I forget all the rest [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! I've played a studio for a long time now, love the thing. It also just so happens that I also play through an AC4 a lot of the time. I love the crunch I can get. For me, there is something special about a Vox and a Les Paul paired together. I'd go for it, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for your answer ;)

I'm waiting for the AC4C1-12, it's out of stock in europe for the moment but I think it will be the perfect amp for my use

I play alone the major part of the time in an apartment so it's really difficult to push the volume but sometimes... :D

... with a Page 1 and a Vox amplifier I think it's a good approach to have fun, it's the most important for me

Making music is all about having fun I think. [thumbup] Why would we spend all the money and take all the practicing upon ourselves, if not for getting the compensation of enjoying the results? [biggrin]

So... have fun, mate, being in the seventh heaven! :)

i'm so impatient to have my vox

I add a Boss SD1, a MXR Classic fuzz and a MXR Phase 90 and when I see the sound I have with my old champion 110 no tube amp and the fun I take to play with, i'm sure with the Vox it will be awesome

It's my first Les paul and I'm falling in love

The seventh sound of the 57' classic make my ears happy :D

Congratulations, nice guitar! Just enjoy it, getting YOUR sound! [thumbup]

Jimmy Page's "sound" is pretty eclectic, on record. "Live" it was pretty

much, Telecaster, Les Paul, 1275 SG Double neck, '59 Danelectro, and various

acoustics 6 and 12 string. Mostly into Marshall amps. In the studio, however,

he used whatever struck is fancy, and/or what would best produce the sound he

was after, on any particular song, or track/over-dub, etc. Factor in the studio

"tricks," and your quest becomes even more illusive. Being a consummate studio

musician, even before he joined the Yardbirds, he was quite familiar with a lot

of different ways to get "his" sound, or the sound that was required for whatever

he was doing, and/or who he was doing it for.

So, just Enjoy!! [biggrin]

CB

Thanks guys

That's the best attitude to have!

There's nothing wrong with chasing the tone that inspires us to no end... For me it's Peter Green & Danny Kirwan, mostly...

Don't forget tone is mostly in the hands of the player... We will hit licks that inspire us with their sound, but we'll never be them and never have a non-stop gig or even song that we will feel sounds just like them...

But that Holy Grail tone that we have in our heads can and will be the inspiration that drives us for a lifetime... So saddle up for the long-haul!

It's all good!

I love my Les Pauls and it's been a life's dream to finally acquire them...

I love their feel and tone the best!

Congratulations on your first LP; they're great and I can certainly tell you I love mine. The first is always going to be a special one.

I think buying one Les Paul has started an addiction for me, though. Goodbye, finances...

You're right guys [thumbup]

Now i need to choose the good amp, I think buy a Crush pix 20LDX to work when i'll be on road and a for home the new AC4C1-12

I've just bought a Mini crush pix 3 this weekend for my holidays, it has an awesome sound for his little size I was really impressed if anyone need a really little amp when you can't take others it's the best choice for me

Have you ever tested it ?

• 1 month later...

Archived