Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Ej200ce - strange sound

haystack

I think I know the answer to this already, but I thought I would ask anyway, just in case.

I only have my Blackstar Club 40 (tube amp) up and running right now. I got my Epi Jumbo last night and just wanted to plug it in quickly. I made it as clean as possible to get the acoustic sound, but I still had this almost "electronic buzz" (not a string buzz mind you, my set up was done already). I had no gain on, didn't have any other signal running, other than my clean sound.

I don't have that sound with any of my other acoustic guitars on this amp, even though it is a tube amp.

Is this a nature of these electronics in this Epi, almost giving it a bit of a "bite" sort of like an electric guitar? I'm assuming once I get my crate amp back out, it will clear it up, but I was just curious.

Thanks for replying. I'm not finding any outside factors that influence the sound like that. Is it possible just being a tube amp designed for electric would just "rough" it up a little. It is only when I give it hell, kinda like changing your touch on electric changes tone.

I play mine through the clean channel of my BC30 and both the Nanomag and the Nanoflex pickups come over clean and sweet. There's certainly no 'noise' or 'buzz' coming through from either the pickups or the amp.

I'd still tend towards it being a grounding issue in the guitar.

OK. I'll keep playing around over the next few days while I still have an easy return policy. I know epi/gibson has great service anyway, but 30 day returns are sure nice. Hopefully this Blackstar amp just has killer tone and it is pulling off these preamps nicely (or, not so nicely, I guess)

Archived