Gibson Brands Forums

Father beats living sh-- out of molester

brc

I see the assault as a crime of passion and though I don't think it was smart of the dad to do it for very logic mind-over heart reasons...........fk that pervert. There's no controlling yourself when you witness so much as a dog getting kicked or a kid being verbally abused in a public place. I can't even imagine seeing your own baby in the hands of a sick-o. I'd instant karma his ***!

Something like that happened not far from here a couple of years ago.A 13 year old girl and her friend were walking home one afternoon when a man in his mid 20s followed them,fortunately they were near her home and they ran in and told her father-she recognized the guy because he was a relation of a friend of hers- who happened to be a martial arts instructor.He jumped into his truck and found the guy who was still walking.The girl's father got out and confronted the perv,gave him a few good taps and called the cops who promptly arrested him and charged him with assault.The next day the open line shows,the local radio and TV stations were inundated with calls and letters from an outraged public who were appalled that the cops charged him and let a stalker go scot free.When his case went to court,the judge must have been fearful of further outrage and gave him a suspended sentence so that he wouldn't have a criminal record.Since it was a smaller city with a close-knit population,it didn't take long for the name of the predator to get around and he kept a very low profile after that-since these creeps are generally cowards anyway.

Guest Farnsbarns

Judiciously applied violence fixes a lot of things, sometimes it's the only solution unfortunately. Guess I'm just not a new- age kinda guy. :angry:

Not a Caring, Understanding, Nineties Type then?

Ha....

In before the lock (sure this has been going a couple of days now. Where's that lockdown?)

:D

In my opinion, the father just did what was required to stop the molester going on and to prevent him from escaping. It is hard enough to do this before caring about your own child in a situation that will be unforgettable forever. I believe I would do so for every child, not just for mine.

As for treating molesters, even Jesus said according to Luke 17, 2: "It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble."

I read somewhere that the Chief of police said something like "As a father and police officer, I don't see the problem".....DON"T Quote me as I'm not sure how it was worded, but the idea was the same..........good for them. It's shameful when the people who did the right thing get punished for it.

The perv should consider himself lucky he got off that easy.

NHTom

I think the Chief said that the father would not be charged because his actions occurred during the time the sexual assault was taking place. I don't know the legal grounds for that statement but it appears that he was lucky to have stomped him then and not five minutes after the fact. I would consider the perv lucky; I would not have been able to stop until his face was hamburger.

I read another article about this and it is pretty much like you stated.

Because the father stopped him "during the act", there will not be any charges filed against the father.

There are quite a few articles and interviews on the net about how the father acted, and its probably 99% in favor of his actions.

Even some of the police officers that were interviewed, although they cant come right out and condone the fathers actions, they said they would pretty much do the same to some one molesting their child.

I think the P O S got off easy with just a beating.

If he gets thrown into the general popluation at the county jail, they will really show him what an *** whooping is all about

Death is too light a sentence for him. I can't imagine walking in on someone abusing my child. How could you not kill them? I think the father deserves a medal for restraint. I'd have pulled his junk off.

I am going to say something that will probably prove to be the exception—and might even garner some harsh retorts, but…

As much as I understand the knee-jerk, passion-based, reaction to want to beat the living **** out of these types of scum, and as much as I feel that people like this molester deserve whatever might befall them for their actions, I don't think taking the law into your own hands is always necessarily the best solution. If we deem it "ok" to beat the **** out of someone for this, then who's to say it wouldn't be "ok" to do the same for that… and if it's ok for that, then why not also this… and so on and so on. Just sayin'.

In closing, I want to say that my comments are not coming from someone detached from reality. I, unfortunately, have child abuse experience in my very close circle. Did not find out about it until 30 years after-the-fact, and I admit I initially wanted to find the people responsible and do more than just beat them senseless. But that was the initial "knee jerk" reaction I mentioned above. Once the smoke clears, however, you come to realize that scum like that are not worth getting your own criminal record over. The main thing is making sure the abused get the proper care, counseling, etc… and hope that justice system succeeds so these creeps are made to pay for their crimes every day for the rest of their lives. I hear that prison inmates love child molesters…

from what I understand, most molesters NOW go into "protective segregation" away from Gen.Pop. where they're with other molesters, snitches, necros, etc.

there was a "treatment house" for released sex offenders about 10 miles from my house.....a 68 yr old lady from their neighborhood came up r@ped...when investigated, the "house operator" was shacking up w/one of the trustees.....most of them had stolen handguns,.....and almost everyone there tested positive for meth......except the 3 they couldn't find.

There is a part of me who also agrees that it is wrong to take the law into your own hands, but on the other hand, I think the way times have changed is a negative.

Here is my view........

We had a recent round of house break ins lately. Back when I was a kid, odds were that if you broke into a house, you stood a good chance of getting shot by the owner....pretty good motivation to NOT break in. If you got shot, the public outcry was not "how could he be shot" it was "What was he doing in the house where he didn't belong"......makes sense to me.

You were not going to be inappropriate on a date with a young lady because the dad, the brothers, etc would beat you senseless......again, good motivation.

In today's world, you get protected by the law, put into special holding so you stay "safe" from general population, etc.....seems to me we are protecting the wrong people.

Lets face it.......back in the old west, you kept your mouth shut because you knew the other guy had a gun too.....lol.

NHTom

I'm wasn't defending the scum who molested the child… and I agree that it's one thing to find out about something many years after the fact and another thing to walk in on the crime as it happens. We are people, after all. I don't know what I'd have done had it been me. I would have done something, for sure. But I don't know if I have it in me to beat someone senseless—unless it was required in order to survive or help a loved one survive.

Just raising a question. I just see more violence as not always the best answer to violence. It would have sucked if the father ended up killing the guy, and ended up a "criminal" himself… and paying for it with prison time.

We do not have the right to bear arms here. We do have the right to own 2ft pinch bars however.

Cap - I don't know the bible too well, but I do try to believe Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap

Lock 'em Danno

I also agree w/darling67....to a point.

there are times that added violence may not be the solution, but a compounding of the problem.

each case is individual.

depending on which state this happened in, Dad still may not have served a days time even if he DID "selectively remove" the cretin from society....this has happened exactly that way here in 'Bama...and not too long ago at that.

Several years ago (around 20) my best friends Dad heard that a Niece had been molested in neighboring Georgia, and they had the molester in county jail.

He drives to Ga. and throws a rock through the front door glass of the Sheriffs office.

The Sheriff refused to arrest him because he knew the guy just wanted to be locked up in the same jail as the molester.....instead he notifys OUR Sheriff (here in 'Bama) of what happened, and that IF the bill for replacing the glass wasn't paid within 30 days, he was to be picked up and held in OUR county jail until the molester was transferred to a diff. jail, at which time my buddys Dad would be extradited and charged.

Everybody he knew helped chip in to pay the bill on time.

Archived