Gibson Brands Forums

Propranolol

fretplay

During the past two decades, I pressed several dozen millions tablets containing propranolol as an active ingredient.

The side effects are similar to those of other beta blockers, and some of these effects are quite dangerous to life. I would never take any medicine unless it is absolutely essential.

In the German Democratic Republic, a propranolol overdose was a common way of committing suicide.

After eight years, I gave up using any medicine against hypertonia in August, 2013. There were five groups of active ingredients within this time, nothing really helped, and it all just left 23 kgs (50.7 lbs) more weight. [crying]

A beta blocker was among my medicines, too, from 2005 to 2006. Several times it nearly asphyxiated me during sleep.

I don't take drugs (prescription, or otherwise), unless it's critical to do so.

The body is a remarkable machine, and will heal itself, quite often, given proper

nutrition, exercise, and enough quality sleep. Besides, have you ever watched those

commercials, about various prescription drugs? The "side effects" alone, make me

wonder why anyone would put those, in their bodies??? So, I try to stay as far away

from "phamaceuticals," as possible, and will, for as long as I possibly can, as well.

For those folks that "have" to take meds, I sympathize! We may all get there, eventually?

But, I'm for postponing that "inevitability," for as long as possible! [tongue]:rolleyes:

CB

I know at least one physician musician who takes it before a performance to battle the jitters (anti anxiety). I wouldn't. It can be really helpful for a number of cardiovascular disorders.

They caused me asthma attacks. Luckily I woke up every time before it was too late.

definitely not the beta blocker to use if you have or are at risk for asthma/bronchospasms.

and i didn't note it in my first post, but I'm still calling that I was in before the internet doctors.

I have taken propanolol for many years,so far with no problems,but also with many other meds.

I take the propranolol for migraines, but then I also am on either morphine or oxycontin, plus oxycodone for break out pain.

I would give just about any thing not to have to use any of them.

I was on Atenolol since it came out, then I switched to Metoprolol and Flecainide. If I could talk them into an ablation I could be rid of them forever and my heart would be somewhat normal.

Which seems to be the story I've heard all my life. Let's not FIX something, let's just medicate it.

I've been on Avodart for 5 years or more and recently added another support drug, some kind of generic Flomax I think. Much to my delight and amazement, I went to see a urologist a few weeks ago and she scheduled a scope for tomorrow to see how bad the prostate is. She gave me a choice right up front: I can medicate it forever or she will go in and laser it out. What a pleasant surprise that a Doctor actually wants to fix it!

Roto Rooter straight up the weiner with a laser gun....pew! pew! pew! pew!

No,but we did smoke a box of catnip once.

Had a frickin' bronchial infection for weeks.

The whole band did,we couldn't talk for days.

Have been drug free for 20 + yrs..

Coffee does it these days...[thumbup]

Propanolol is a drug widely taken by musicians and I was wondering if any members here take it and how you are getting on with it?

I had to search engine to learn what propanolol is. How did you learn that it was widely taken by musicians?

definitely not the beta blocker to use if you have or are at risk for asthma/bronchospasms.

and i didn't note it in my first post, but I'm still calling that I was in before the internet doctors.

They sent me to a sleep laboratory then, and the physicians there told me I must not take a beta blocker. However, none of the other stuff was helpful. Should never have begun taking anything.

Luckily, I left hospitals twice on my own risk in 2005 and 2006 when they had wanted to keep me for a heart transplant. In 2005, they predicted I had two to three years left, but I am here still... [biggrin][thumbup]

Yes. I take Propranalol twice a day for anxiety and panic attacks. My health has declined over the past few years (I'm 55)and this does help. It calms you down. I've read about suicide with them. But it's not easy. You often just sleep it off.

I had to search engine to learn what propanolol is. How did you learn that it was widely taken by musicians?

Look at Wilipedia, it says that 27% of an orchestra admitted to taking it. I was put on to it by member here.

Yes. I take Propranalol twice a day for anxiety and panic attacks. My health has declined over the past few years (I'm 55)and this does help. It calms you down. I've read about suicide with them. But it's not easy. You often just sleep it off.

How many milligrams per day is that Lashurst?

Archived