Gibson Brands Forums

First Gig and mp3 of new music

Izzy

The speed at which I lay tracks has slowed by much considering I have a new significant other and relationships require attention. I have written (and copyrighten, lol) half a dozen or so more songs in the last six months.

There was an art show about a week ago in my local open mic coffee shop. I was surprised when they asked me to play because I saw the other people they were asking to perform and it was people I admire. I was like, "uhm, me? Are you sure?" I did what I always do and went through songs, timed myself to stay inside the time frame, practiced daily and showed up. The place was PACKED and I was nervous as heck, but the practice helped because my hands were like, "we're doing our thing, you focus on singing". Practicing pays! Also, it was nice to have people tell me they enjoyed my songs and to have someone ask for my set-list. I was like, "this piece of paper?" o.O

Here's a sample of my new tracks. Needless to say, I show up with the guitar and nothing else. I want to have a second person to do the keys or the guitar, but for now I am learning to loop a guitar and maybe the second half of the song I can lay keys on top...ugh, work!

Feel free to tell me if you don't like the keys or if the volumes are too low or the guitar needs to be more on time or whatever you can think. Ya'll are trusted friends. Thanks for listening ^.^V

https://soundcloud.com/izabellizima/in-half

https://soundcloud.com/izabellizima/angershame

The speed at which I lay tracks has slowed by much considering I have a new significant other and relationships require attention. I have written (and copyrighten, lol) half a dozen or so more songs in the last six months.

There was an art show about a week ago in my local open mic coffee shop. I was surprised when they asked me to play because I saw the other people they were asking to perform and it was people I admire. I was like, "uhm, me? Are you sure?" I did what I always do and went through songs, timed myself to stay inside the time frame, practiced daily and showed up. The place was PACKED and I was nervous as heck, but the practice helped because my hands were like, "we're doing our thing, you focus on singing". Practicing pays! Also, it was nice to have people tell me they enjoyed my songs and to have someone ask for my set-list. I was like, "this piece of paper?" o.O

Here's a sample of my new tracks. Needless to say, I show up with the guitar and nothing else. I want to have a second person to do the keys or the guitar, but for now I am learning to loop a guitar and maybe the second half of the song I can lay keys on top...ugh, work!

Feel free to tell me if you don't like the keys or if the volumes are too low or the guitar needs to be more on time or whatever you can think. Ya'll are trusted friends. Thanks for listening ^.^V

https://soundcloud.com/izabellizima/in-half

https://soundcloud.com/izabellizima/angershame

Enjoyed them both, thanks Izzy.

Killer voice, good tracks.

Good to see you are still recording. I was precisely browsing for a set of monitors tonight, I am able to record again and it is time to make things sound a little better.

I have a pair of Yamaha HS50M. Very cool. Well made. Not big but flat and enough for a room. Who needs more?

Hello Izzy!

Great songs. You are talented.

Your voice is indeed beautiful! It's in a very interesting and unique contrast with music's ambient character. Like fire on ice. That combination is hypnotizing.

Good luck! You really deserve to be recognized. :) Keep on!

Best wishes... Bence

Great stuff as ever, Izzy.

I second Bence's comments regarding the interplay between voice and those particular guit/keys tones. They really work well together.

Lovely melodies and good lyrics, too.

As far as the mix goes the only thing I would say is I'd have liked to have heard the vocals a bit more to the fore on "In Half" but it could easily have just been that my PC's soundcard/headphones weren't ideal for the purpose.

Thanks very much for sharing and yes; you definitely need to be 'Discovered'.

I'm glad the place was packed. The more people who hear you perform the better.

P.

As far as the mix goes the only thing I would say is I'd have liked to have heard the vocals a bit more to the fore on "In Half" but it could easily have just been that my PC's soundcard/headphones weren't ideal for the purpose.

P.

Yes, I agree with Pippy on this. To me it seemed, that the guitar sounds a little bit too strong.

But, again, the composition as whole, is very exciting.

While listening to Your songs, one of our local artists came to my mind - I don't know why...probably She has unique, and charming voice, like You. If You don't mind posting it:

Best wishes... Bence

I don't know if you need the keyboards at all, Izzy. At times they seem a bit distracting - the "vibes" parts on the first song don't really add much IMO. On the second, Angershame, the simpler tasteful piano bits did add some depth. But as other have said let your voice shine through. You have a good voice and a unique voice. [thumbup]

Oh - followed you on SoundCloud but it shows up as my trio whatSHEsaid. Keep em' comin.

Thank you all for the compliments and con-crit.

In theory, it would be great if I could pay my home tax or for a decent car with the profits of my music, weather it be because I play it myself or because someone sold their voice with one of my tunes and I was credited and given royalties. Not banking on that at all and it isn't my drive. I copyright out of principal and just in case, but making songs is how I vent and how I cope.

Being discovered sounds...stressful? If I HAD to show up at a place and play for over 20 minutes, then do it again at another place, maybe in another city, the next day...and again...geeee, I don't know [flapper]

One more "idea," might be to add a bit of reverb or very slight echo,

to your voice track, for some "depth," without going overboard, on

either. I like what you're doing, and (personally) felt like all YOU

need, is your lovely voice, and an acoustic guitar, maybe even a 12-string

acoustic, for some variety. Again, just a thought. Keep it up, whatever

you decide! [thumbup]

CB

Loved it Izzy. [thumbup] [thumbup] You are a cross between Alanis Morisette and the Beatles, Revolver. Keep it up, I've heard a bunch of growth since the first recordings you posted. I mean that in a very complimentary way [thumbup]

Ha! You used profit and music in the same sentence. [lol]

I also chuckled.

[biggrin][lol]

Its great ain't it - to get a regular paid gig pretty much you've gotta play other people's songs. [mellow]

Always nice to slip the odd original into the mix just quietly here and there... [biggrin]

Lol,, true dat,,

And yes,, originals do slip in quietly,, mostly because nobody's listening... lol.

or because someone sold their voice with one of my tunes and I was credited and given royalties

Izzy,,, your vocals are stellar as usual.

Not criticizing your material, I like it alot,, but I wouldn't be spending those royalties just yet.

It's your voice that is really special..

That is what you will sell.

And I mean this in the nicest way.

Guest Farnsbarns

I intended to listen to this at home last night and forgot. Bugger. I really wanted to hear it. Must set a reminder for tonight.

Good on ya!

So does performing live creep into your soul and make you crave it?

I always found that's what it did for me!

Last year I was out and about and playing gigs all over the place... I haven't done even one this year and it's giving me some self-disappointment for not making that happen...

Work got bad stressy and is taking its toll on me and my spare time this year. The economy has been in the tank for the company I work for and we're just not pulling the profits projection levels we were even last year and I've lost some of my own desire or energy to pursue gigs this year...

I gotta change that!

I'm getting some inspiration from you to make it happen now...

Thanks!

You'll be back Jimi Mac!! - and being a blues man, hell you got decades of performance left in you - the best years are still ahead. [biggrin]

BTW are you pulling night shifts at the moment? - not being nosy, I just noticed you tend to post in our evenings in Oz which must be dead of night in the US of A? take it easy [thumbup]

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, don't know how i missed this thread. Loved the tracks Izzy. You have a definite style and sound, you are unique, in a good way. You should continue with what you are doing. Please don't let your relationship get in the way of your dreams. If you fail to fulfill your dreams now, later in life you could blame it on your relation which would be bad, maybe even worse, for the relation too. You can do both but don't obsess with either. Just saying...

Archived