Gibson Brands Forums

Jetslide

surfpup

So this little gem came up in Stiffy's Rival Sons thread and I thought it was quite interesting...

365400000373519-00-750x750.jpg

It's a slide that sits on your ring finger, yet allows your finger to have full mobility by rotating out of the way. I was intrigued so I ordered one. Gotta say...

HOLY CRAP! Props to the inventor - I wish I had thought of this.

I prefer to use my middle finger for slide, but usually use my pinkie so that I can also fret notes - seems like some songs need both. This baby certainly solves that problem. I can switch back and forth with ease (it gets faster after a bit of practice) and the best part is that it's a great sounding slide. I was worried I'd be making compromises there.

So if any of you play slide intermittently with regular playing (regardless of tuning) I"d recommend one of these wholeheartedly. [thumbup]

And yes, I will certainly try to do a demo of this super cool device.

So this little gem came up in Stiffy's Rival Sons thread and I thought it was quite interesting...

365400000373519-00-750x750.jpg

It's a slide that sits on your ring finger, yet allows your finger to have full mobility by rotating out of the way. I was intrigued so I ordered one. Gotta say...

HOLY CRAP! Props to the inventor - I wish I had thought of this.

I prefer to use my middle finger for slide, but usually use my pinkie so that I can also fret notes - seems like some songs need both. This baby certainly solves that problem. I can switch back and forth with ease (it gets faster after a bit of practice) and the best part is that it's a great sounding slide. I was worried I'd be making compromises there.

So if any of you play slide intermittently with regular playing (regardless of tuning) I"d recommend one of these wholeheartedly. [thumbup]

And yes, I will certainly try to do a demo of this super cool device.

Been considering one of these for awhile, more to get me Into playing slide more, as the only reason I haven't experimented with slide more is that you have to sacrifice a fretting finger. Would love to see a demo; might convince me to finally take the plunge.

-Ryan

I was wondering if you received it and how you were liking it.

The only reason I have not ordered one is that I play slide bending my finger, I use small slides that are supposed to be for the pinky in my middle finger and keep my wrist straight.

This may be a stupid question but how do you know what size to order? I do not know my wedding band size. Do I measure it with calipers?

I was wondering if you received it and how you were liking it.

The only reason I have not ordered one is that I play slide bending my finger, I use small slides that are supposed to be for the pinky in my middle finger and keep my wrist straight.

This may be a stupid question but how do you know what size to order? I do not know my wedding band size. Do I measure it with calipers?

Your safest bet would be to go to your nearest jewelry store and ask for them to check your ring size. They normally have a "keychain" of sorts with all the ring sizes and you just try them until you find the one that fits...it's free, so why not?

If you don't want to do that, wrap a piece of string around the place on your finger where you want the Jetslide ring to fit, mark the spot where the string crosses itself, and measure that. They go by circumference normally, not diameter.

-Ryan

I've seen them and have thought about them but always felt I was such a heavy-handed and potentially clumsy player that I'd have trouble with it as it looks to me like it involves some serious skill to manipulate well and didn't think I had the dexterity for it...

But now I'm tempted to try it out...

I winged it. They only come in 8, 10, and 12. I figured the 12 would be too big since that's the biggest size and my hands seem pretty normal in size. I ordered the 10 and it fits me perfectly. You want it loose enough to rotate a bit when you are not using it. I'd say most people would want the 10 unless they have hams for hands or are very dainty. More ladies would need the 8 most likely.

However, if you want to be really certain there are sites with ring size instructions.

Archived