Gibson Brands Forums

Another Masterbilt fan

rhythmman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I picked her up.

Ordered Tuesday, arrived Thursday! That's the fastest shipping I've ever heard of. This guitar is flawless and gorgeous! Real happy with this purchase. I'll get some better pics later today and put them in a new thread, but first, it's time for a round of golf...

Ordered Tuesday, arrived Thursday! That's the fastest shipping I've ever heard of. This guitar is flawless and gorgeous! Real happy with this purchase. I'll get some better pics later today and put them in a new thread, but first, it's time for a round of golf...

Way to go! I feel myself partly responsible for your new addition...haha. But seriously...congratulations. Let us know how that V neck feels.

Congrats, Cougar.

This thread has taken on a life of its own in a great way!

Again, for the money, these are one of the best lines of acoustic guitars out there. I will be playing mine out tonight for the third straight weekend at a county fair. These outdoor gigs in July are usually brutal but the weather here has been great which brings more people out and makes everything more enjoyable.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I will be playing mine out tonight for the third straight weekend at a county fair.

That's great, man. I'm pretty much a living room player, with occasional spurts of multi-track recording. Here are pics of my new acquisition. It is super nice...

pio035.jpg

pio040.jpg

pio042.jpg

Cougar........... your a man after my own heart... you have your priorities right... golf first, play guitar second ! :):)

That's great, man. I'm pretty much a living room player, with occasional spurts of multi-track recording. Here are pics of my new acquisition. It is super nice...

pio035.jpg

pio040.jpg

pio042.jpg

Dang, I've been after an EF-500MNS for a while now! I was moving and in-between ISO's so missed that one. You beat me to it! If you decide to sell or would be up for a possible trade let me know!

Let us know how that V neck feels.

It's not really V shaped. It's fairly well rounded. And slim. Feels fine.

Dang, I've been after an EF-500MNS for a while now!

Yeah, they're not easy to find. Just two of them auctioned on ebay in the last 3 months. Cliffenstein located this one at guitarcenter used gear, newly arrived, for which I am massively grateful. The thing is pristine.

• 3 months later...

Well after 6 months that GC had new preamp on order & never getting it in, they traded my guitar for another of the same model. I think I lucked out in that this one plays as well & sounds as good if not better than the previous one. The preamp slider works perfectly and the blend between the two pickups is spot on.

I was tempted to "trade-up" but other than tthe blend not working correctly this is still one of the best playing & sounding guitars in the price range. We gig @ twice a month & every other player who has listened to us has commented on the sound of it.

Hopefully the preamp holds up. If not, I will spend the $$ and have something else installed. This guitar is a keeper.

My Texan gives me no real reason to buy a Masterbilt. I have a hard time believing a Masterbilt will sound or feel any better than it. I had been considering the Masterbilt J-45 for a while, but lost patience with its release and was pleasantly surprised by the AJ-220S that I got. It fulfills my desire for a beautiful Vintage Sunburst full size acoustic nicely.

My Texan gives me no real reason to buy a Masterbilt.

Well, it's not just a Masterbilt; it's a maple DR. But I hear ya, and I tried out an IB64 Texan at the local GC - it's a boomin' guitar, and I can totally understand your satisfaction with it. [thumbup]

Not sure how I missed this thread but here's my Masterbilt story. Played one of these at the local GC a few years ago but really wanted a Rosewood body, but loved the fit/finish/etc. Then Epi dq'd the Masterbilt line. Well, a couple of months ago, I picked up a tip on a forum that GC was getting the AJ500M Masterbilt's, but backordered. I jumped. Got an order/backorder cofirmation the next day, and one day later a shipping notice. Long story short:

001_zps02ea3abf.jpg

I'm a very happy camper. Martin/Taylor quality at a fraction of the price. And my one truly acoustic guitar. My others are Ovation a/e's.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nobody going for it? Well, maybe next week it'll be up for $499...

Yep, currently relisted for $499. A 2004 maple DR500PNS reportedly in mint condition. I expect this may not make it to another relist....

I notice its serial number starts with a "G", as does my maple EF500. Epiwiki hasn't found a factory for this code. Any ideas?

Archived