Gibson Brands Forums

Just got home from the hospital

ksdaddy

Because of prostate issues and my desire to ramp it up and have laser surgery done rather than take pills all my life, today I had a cystoscopy, where they go in the urethra with a little camera to assess the situation.

I'm sure there are worse pains. I'm positive there are.

Just not sure what.

Because of prostate issues and my desire to ramp it up and have laser surgery done rather than take pills all my life, today I had a cystoscopy, where they go in the urethra with a little camera to assess the situation.

I'm sure there are worse pains. I'm positive there are.

Just not sure what.

I don't know, KSD. I have gone through a lot with my cancer: 3 chemos, 1 radiation and one stem cell transplant (and my kidneys failed for a few days after the transplant), but the only thing that I can compare a cystoscopy or any procedure in that neck of the woods with is like a dentist pulling some teeth without novacaine while someone is tortuing you by pulling your fingernails off. I never understand why urologists don't put a patient under for some of their procedures. I hope all goes well for you. [scared]

ksdaddy,

Man, I wish you all the best brother.This is one that can be whipped.

My own prostate C. was addressed in 2010 by the option of "let's just take the damn thing out" approach.Never mind the other 4 options.

We chose the Da Vinci robotic surgery.My Doctor in The Scottsdale Center for Urology group is simply one of the best in the USA period !

I am 5 yrs out w. 0 numbers on all my check-ups / PSAs

Will go yearly beginning next month for continued surveillance.

My brother had the Cryogenic method employed down @ Celebration hospital,Celebration Fla,

He still has issues.We now share the same doctor in Scottsdale and he has helped my Brother to continue to live a full life.

The Cryo is not as precise as the robotic thusly Dave (my Brother ) has had nerve damage which was one of the expected shortcoming from the CRYO.It cast a much wider net as it were.

I have a normal SEX life now post removal +5 years.The robotic is so precise and yes there was a period where the trauma effected the ability to have relations "spontaneously".

Spontaneity has returned w/o any aids medically or otherwise.

Every man should get checked as they approach their 50's or any changes are noted..

This disease is beatable Sir.

Good luck,I'll be interested in hearing about your SUCCESS in the years ahead.

P.S. How is that Dobby and Maggie doing?

Best to ya.

X

Oh jeez, I hope I didn't mislead anyone. No C here, just enlarged quite a bit. I've been on meds for 5+ years but they're having less effect, ergo my eagerness to laser zap.

Everything's relative and my problems are minor compared to many or most, but take an invaded urethra that feels like barbed wire was run through it, add the fact that my laptop sh*t the bed an hour ago and I quit smoking again 12 days ago and I'd reeeeeallly like a smoke right now.....

Maggie and Dobbie are inseparable now. Best friends. They play and romp and even though Maggie is 80 lbs to Dobbies 15, she is SO gentle with him!

I am so sorry to hear that you had to endure that procedure, but you're being pro-active about getting things taken care of. That's a huge plus. If you can't smoke cigs maybe there's something else that can take the edg off, something herbal you can roll.....

Oh jeez, I hope I didn't mislead anyone. No C here, just enlarged quite a bit. I've been on meds for 5+ years but they're having less effect, ergo my eagerness to laser zap.

Everything's relative and my problems are minor compared to many or most, but take an invaded urethra that feels like barbed wire was run through it, add the fact that my laptop sh*t the bed an hour ago and I quit smoking again 12 days ago and I'd reeeeeallly like a smoke right now.....

Maggie and Dobbie are inseparable now. Best friends. They play and romp and even though Maggie is 80 lbs to Dobbies 15, she is SO gentle with him!

Juz stay on top of it ks..

Great to hear it is only enlarged..

Those kidz er,dawgs ,er kidz sound like they have adjusted.

Best luck to you mate.

X

No you wouldn't - I had to have it once and it's not nice but it's nowhere near as bad as (removal of) impacted wisdom teeth top and bottom both sides. I know.

But hey, this is the guy who wrote "Roto Rooter straight up the weiner with a laser gun....pew! pew! pew! pew!" [biggrin][unsure]

I had a good smirk at that......

But hey, this is the guy who wrote "Roto Rooter straight up the weiner with a laser gun....pew! pew! pew! pew!"

Yep, but I will be asleep for that little adventure....

She said I will need a catheter for a couple days after the procedure and I'm sure some delicious pain meds. I'm betting that will be no fun at all. Except the pain meds.

But hey! If that means a good steady stream and being able to shut the tap off when I'm done, it will be worth it!

When I had a probe'n once that was bad enough, but little did I know the real pain would come later when I needed to TINKLE. YEEEOOOOOO!!! Stopped and call the Dr. they prescribed something and took that right away. Peed purple dye it looked like but helped numb the experience for the next few days.

Aster

I second the feeling of intense pain just reading about the process! OUCH!.......[scared]

Nothing more to add to what the other guys and gal have already said but my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

P.

Hey KSI know your pain I had the same thing done with the camera in the fun parts but thank God they put me out.I woke up and felt fine until I had to go and urinate then suprise it must have been raw and scared in there from the camera because as I relieved msyelf I went through the roof with pain.If anyone has ever had a catheter it's almost the same thing

I had had hernia surgery and went home when I got home I had to relieve myself and no go because my bladder was still asleep from the anestedic.As I stood there and tried my stiches opened up right above the parts I was trying to get working.So now no relieving myself and Im bleeding pretty good from a few ripped stiches.Off to the hospital for a few stiches and being cathered. Well they gotta do what they gotta do but unbelieveabley pain full and then the doctor says to be safe lets leave it in,What could I say but OH NO YOU DONT so luckly it was taken out before I let.

Hey KSI know your pain I had the same thing done with the camera in the fun parts but thank God they put me out.I woke up and felt fine until I had to go and urinate then suprise it must have been raw and scared in there from the camera because as I relieved msyelf I went through the roof with pain.If anyone has ever had a catheter it's almost the same thing

I had had hernia surgery and went home when I got home I had to relieve myself and no go because my bladder was still asleep from the anestedic.As I stood there and tried my stiches opened up right above the parts I was trying to get working.So now no relieving myself and Im bleeding pretty good from a few ripped stiches.Off to the hospital for a few stiches and being cathered. Well they gotta do what they gotta do but unbelieveabley pain full and then the doctor says to be safe lets leave it in,What could I say but OH NO YOU DONT so luckly it was taken out before I let.

<<< been "cathed" 2x......no, it's no fun.......but a camera?? OMG !!!

I just can't imagine shoving an old Polariod into.....wait, ohhhh...a SURGICAL camera......

still, not much better.

how ya feeling today KSD ??

• 1 month later...

Good grief...

I'm hurting just thinking about that stuff...

For what it's worth, I'd once considered having "DNR" tattooed on my left chest until they told me that would not qualify as a legal medical direction.

Dunno about the camera thing, but dental digging can smart some. My problem with the dug-out wisdom teeth also taught me that heavy "painkillers" only work for me because the resulting headache overwhelms any other pain. That was roughly 30 years ago and ain't used 'em since. It does leave one a bit concerned in case of something really nasty pain-wise, 'cuz aspirin or tylonol/codeine ain't gonna make it for anything big. Bourbon maybe?

So... best of luck on all this stuff...

Ain't fun.

m

Archived